Organizing Catalogs and Mail

What is a good storage solution for keeping several different catalogs organized? I like to keep them to refer to in the future. Also I need ideas on how to organize different things that come in the mail (not bills) such as restaurant coupons, sale brochures etc., that I don't want to throw out right away. I don't have lots of shelf or drawer space.

Thanks!

Scooter from Carrollton, TX

Take your all "advertising" mail to work in your brief case or tote bag. Tear out ads from sale papers that you want to buy, or write a list on brightly colored paper. Place catalogues you want to keep in a hanging file folder and restaurant, dry cleaning, watch repair coupons, etc., on a bulletin board at home. Junk mail that you don't want, simply throw in the outside garbage can and never bring any unimportant mail into the house. Pay bills on line or put in your tote bag to write checks out on your lunch hour.

Hello Scooter,

Have you ever seen those boxes photo's are stored in? I have 3 stacked on top of my entertainment center with a travel theme printed on the box. On one end is a metal plate with a piece of paper used to tell what's inside. I use one for take-out menu's, one for coupons and the last one for photo's (go figure) :)

Use your imagination and fill those boxes up!

How 'bout an accordian type file....maybe you would need more than one. They usually have tabs that you can write on and then organize what items you put in it.

If the catalog companies have online sites, why keep the catalogs?....just rip off the front page or whatever page has the name of the company and the web address and then file those in the accordian file.

Do you have wall/floor space? Book shelves (free standing or on a wall) are very versatile and can often be found at a yard sale. Since I generally find that of all the magazines I get, I only want to really keep about 12 pages of it for future reference. Once a year or so, I spend an afternoon cutting out the stuff I want and then put them in a photo album. I then give the remaining magazines to the local elementary school for art projects.

What you could do, is get a file cabinet or a real life saver for coupons a three ring binder with the plastic, forget what they're called. Some times card collectors use them. If you have any idea what I'm talking about. Hope this was helpful. :)

stack of catalogs
Organizing Catalogs
Organizing PaperworkSeptember 19, 2006
Pile of Junk Mail
Disposing of Junk Mail
Mailbox overflowing with junk mail.
Reducing Junk Mail
Colorful seed catalogs to be used in crafts.
Crafts Using Recycled Catalogs
Buy Now, Pay Later Catalogs
Buy Now, Pay Later Catalogs
🎄