BakingFood Tips

How Long Do I Cook a Cake in a Different Pan Than Instructed?

I want to make a cake that calls for using 3 - 9 inch round pans. Baking is at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. I want to bake it in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish. How long does it need to bake?

JG from CT

That info should be on the box,but 1 pkg.cake mix=2 round or 1 9x13 which is 30-40 mins @ 350º.When ever baking in glass pans,always turn temp to 325ºHope I helped..

If this is from a recipe, it may not have the conversion as a box cake would. I would cook it for the 45 minutes at the same temp, and then test it with a toothpick to see if it is done in the middle. If not, give it 5 or 10 minutes longer.

You might want to check out this web site...

http://www.baking911.com/