Make a Garden Holder for Your Cell Phone

Stay in touch while gardening by making a holster for a cordless phone out of an old shoe. Nail an old shoe to a stake and place it in the garden to hold the phone. Now there's no more running back into the house to grab the phone, and the phone stays out of the dirt.

Source: Typical Mary Ellen

That's a great idea. I think I'd take it a step further tho' and when not in use, I'd cover the shoe with a plastic bag so it wouldn't get saturated when it rains.

I am still laughing ( I have a weird sense of humor..grin ) but what a wonderful idea! I would paint some crazy designs on the shoe with wild, wacky bright colors. How cute!

I love cute and/or unusual yard art ( I have a bottle tree in my backyard, another grin ) and there are a lot of fun things you could do with this idea (like hung beside your back door with some sort of lip made from metal or wood above it to keep the notes dry when it rained to hold notes to and from people; nailed to a fence post, etc.).

Thanks, Mom of one from Wilkesboro! You have a lot of great ideas.

We are also almost neighbors; I live in Yadkin County.

Does it have to be an old shoe? (I have this thing about one's yard looking like a dumpster exploded.) How about something from a craft fair or that you made yourself? Like a key holder or a small covered bird feeder (without the seeds) so if you forget and leave it outside the rain won't touch it.

Great idea! Now if I could only have a garden to go with it!

Great idea! Now, I can't wait for spring!

Oh dear. I had planned to place a mailbox on a post in the front garden. To keep tools, etc. handy and dry. Now I am wondering: should I do the shoe on the stake as an interim? Worry that I would forget cell phone in the closed mailbox, and not find it again. I am so anxious to get back in the garden!

Keeping Track Of Your Cell Phone, Lost iPhone in Grass
Keeping Track Of Your Cell Phone
Home and Garden Gardening Helpful HintsFebruary 13, 2008
Phone Holder
Making a Phone Holder for a Cordless Phone
Pink Silicone Cell Phone Case
Cleaning a Silicone Cell Phone Case
striped knit sock like phone pouch
Making a Cell Phone Holder
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards