Craft: Year of Birth Plate

This year, for my sister's birthday, I decided to give her something unique. I purchased a 1962 calendar plate (the year she was born) off of eBay. I then found a candle holder at my local thrift store that was perfect for a stand. I glued the plate to the candle holder to create a one-of-a-kind cake stand. I made a batch of 7-layer cookie bars and covered the plate with the treats before giving it to her.

I told her that once she ate the goodies, she would realize the significance of the gift. Needless to say, she couldn't wait to see what was underneath the goodies, so she immediately transferred the cookie bars to another container as soon as she got home to see what was underneath! She called to tell me how pleased she was with her gift.

By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC

Very clever idea! I didn't even know there was such a thing as a calendar plate.

What a neat idea. I love to use recycled items and your idea is terrific. It is both thoughtful and useful.

What a very clever and sweet thing to do for your sister!

Wow what a great personal gift idea. Good work smart lady. Deby

This is a lovely idea and something that I'm sure will be a precious family keepsake for many years to come!

Great idea. I'm going to make one for my son but using the "church" plate I've had for years. I grew up in that church. My children were also baptized there. Thanks for posting.

Glass Pedestal Dish With Brownies
Making a Glass Pedestal Dish
Crafts GiftsJanuary 4, 2010
birth certificate, passport and social security card
Getting a Copy of a Birth Certificate
Making Paper Plate Suncatchers
Making Paper Plate Suncatchers
Wickker Paper Plate Holders
Using Paper Plate Holders
finishes wreath hanging on dark background
Making a Paper Plate Christmas Tree Wreath
🎉
🎄