Bleach Stain on a Bathroom Basin

How can I remove a bleach stain from my bathroom basin. I used a bleach gel to clean the basin and it left a yellow stain where I applied it.

Susan from Sydney, Australia

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Sharon (Guest Post) 01/26/2007

Saturate a cotton ball with straight peroxide. Let it sit, for as long as needed, to remove the stain...I have had this work for me...Let us know if this worked!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Susan (Guest Post) 02/01/2007

Hi Sharon, thanks for the tip, it did make the stain fainter but didn't remove totally.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By arlene 3 07/31/2009

It's 1:30am CST I was cleaning my white bathtub with 3 different bleach cleaners and it left yellowish brownish drip stains. At first I used more bleach and scrubbed and scrubbed-that didn't work then I used some Clorox with Bleach toilet bowl cleaner gel-that didn't work, then I tried soft scrub that didn't work! I was about to give up when I saw the hydrogen peroxide I use for an oral rinse on the vanity and thought I would try that. I couldn't believe it! The stains disappeared immediately! I just used a wash cloth and put a little hydrogen peroxide on it and wiped the stains right off- no scrubbing needed!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No