Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Uses for Wool Socks

Pair of gray wool socks

Leg Warmers

Cut off the bottom part & use it as leg warmers or the men could wear it under their pants in the winter as an extra layer for warmth.

By Connie

Make Slippers

I recently read about using them as slippers by adding a sole-sized piece of sueded fabric to the bottoms. I am using a rubber cabinet liner for mine. May still have to mend the holes though.

By Lauren

Fingerless Gloves

You could cut them up and use them for stuffing for something, or cut off the feety bits and use the ankles for fingerless gloves.

By TeraDaisySpawn

Coffee Warmer

You can use them as coffee cup warmers by cutting of the bottom part and then when in need of a mug warmer slip over the hot beverage cup to insulate it and keep it warmer for longer amounts of time.

A Sweater for Small Pets

If you have a small dog or kitten you could use it for a pet sweater by cutting holes for arms and legs.

A Beanie for Baby

If there big enough and you have a little one you can cut of the top part and use the bottom part as a beanie.

For Cleaning

I like using old socks for cleaning, saves on paper towels or when I have to clean somewhere where I really don't want to. You can also use socks to store small things in a closet. Just nail them on the wall.

By Gail

For Drafts

You could cut the bottoms out of 2 or 3 of them, sew them together to make a tube. Stuff and sew both ends closed and you have a draft dodger to keep your house warm. Add a string to reach the door knob to hang it when not in use or keep in place.

By Suitsme

Sock Puppets

Make a cute sock puppet by folding in the toe, stitch it in place, add some yarn hair where the heel is and some button eyes.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to post feedback.