How Can I Remove Chicken Pox Scars?

Two week ago I had chicken pox which had left scars on my face and body. How can I remove them?

By Anita

They should fade with time, if they are actual scars some of them will remain permanently. The only way you get actual scars from chicken pox is if you scratch them. My 45 year old daughter has a scar right on the tip of her nose and she was about 8 years old when she had chicken pox; the scar has never bothered her. I can't remember if a person has a little light scarring for a brief period of time after the pox are gone or not. If that is what you have they should go away in a short period of time. If you scratched the pox then more than likely you will have permanent scarring.

No the scars stay forever. I was six years old when I had chickenpox and now I am in my fifties and they are still visible. If you scratch or not they are there to stay.

Two weeks is rather soon to tell how deep the marks are. Some will fade with time and others will stay. I would advise to use good skin care products. I have a line if you are interested, shoot me a message and I'll supply.

When my daughter was in kindergarten she got a horrible case of chicken pox. They were everywhere. She had a place on her back a little bigger than the size of my palm that had over 100 pox (I counted)! I was so worried about the scars on her body and face that I did a lot of research and came up with a mix of liquid chlorophyll (found in health food stores) and vitamin E which are both healing. I'd shake the bottle to mix it, then dab it on the pox with a cotton ball. When the sores healed, I gently rubbed the stuff in with my hands. At first, I put it on several times a day, then just a couple of times a day, but only put it on her face at night because it's green.

She's 27 now and only has a couple of scars on her back, shoulder, and a couple on her face. None are very noticeable. If you try it, chlorophyll is dark green and stains everything you spill it on, so be careful. It will turn your skin green too, but comes off with soap or baby oil.

I was really blessed to have only one scar on my face (and it was a bad, deep one) when I was little and it was because I scratched it. As soon as my mom saw me do it she immediately made me wear a pair of my soft dress gloves so I wouldn't do any more damage. Anyway, it faded more and more over time and eventually it was completely gone. It would be worth trying Lyonpridej's idea though in case that will help speed the healing process up. :-)

Usually it takes 1-3 months time to fade dark/reddish scars. But a few of them will remain permanently which scars you got badly. Keep applying Olive oil in night, if you have oily skin in your face just apply only on affected areas.

I highly recommend that you contact a plastic surgeon as soon as your pox are healed. There's many options including dermabrasion, laser and even a bit of surgery. For one of my scars they took a small round section of skin from behind one of my ears and "replaced" the damaged section of skin on my face. Kinda like taking a little bitty hole punch, sounds scary, but you cant see any of it now.

Young Girl With Chickenpox
Home Remedies For Chickenpox
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceApril 30, 2010
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Tetrazzini Recipes, Chicken Tetrazzini
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎄