Ergonomic Handle for Tools

There are times when busting out a chunk of concrete or modifying a piece of heavy farmstead equipment that a home handyman has to put in a long stint with hammer and cold chisel or star drill. This can be fatiguing on the hand and arm that holds the chisel or drill. Kill that impact shock and resulting strain by cutting a hole (to fit the shank of the tool being held) through a sponge rubber ball and slipping the new "handle" over the implement. You'll be able to grip the shank tightly, but in much greater comfort.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

Do you mean to put the ball on like,the chisel? Or the hammer? If you meant the hammer, I'd worry about the hammer flying off. But the chisel? That's a great idea! I love it! I have a lot of trouble with my hands & it hurts to grip anything like that, this idea will be very helpful for that & I eve have some of those balls laying around to try it!

Definitely something to try, and not just for hammers and chisels! Anyone with dexterity issues from any problem can adapt your idea to their own most-used tools. Thumbs up!

Home and Garden Home Improvement ToolsNovember 11, 2010
A photo of rusty pliers.
Removing Rust from Metal Tools
Ergonomic Workspace
Making Your Workspace More Ergonomic
Trowel and Garden Gloves
Buying Garden Tools
Garden Tools in Basket
Maintaining Garden Tools