Clothing StainsCleaning

Accidental Tie Dyed Clothing

I washed beige and pink clothes in cold water. Something was in the washing machine that was blue and now everything looks like it been tie died. Some clothes are cotton,nylon, polyester, etc. Clothes were dried on clothes line, not in a clothes dryer. How do I remove the stains?

Yvonne from El Paso, Texas

I buy Shout Color Catcher sheets and use them whenever I am washing something for the first time or red, yellow, green items that tend to fade. I would try putting one of them in with the clothing and also spray some Shout on the blue spots. Good luck.

I suggest to bleach the cotton items. You may try to add some bleach in the wash with the other items, not as strong as the cotton items. Hope this helps, good luck.

I tried Oxy-Clean, Color-Safe Bleach and neither did much. But when I took a lemon, cut it into wedges and rubbed them against the colored areas, they became lighter. Plus, lemon juice is better for the environment.