DogsPets

Bailey (Yellow Labrador Retriever)

Category Dogs

Bailey is our beloved but brainless 4 y.o. yellow labrador retriever, the quintessential "dumb blonde". He often cocks his head to one side with a curious expression when you say his name, as if he's trying to understand what you're saying.

But what he lacks in intelligence he more than makes up for in heart. You couldn't ask for a more gentle, friendly companion, despite the language barrier. Even though he sometimes still eats his own feces and urinates in his food and water bowls (behavior more typically found in much younger pups) he still gives sweet kisses.

He enjoys jumping into and out of the bathtub, and trying to hide bones and toys from our Rottweiler (who couldn't care less because she's too cool to care... but that's another photo.

bailey2.jpg

This is the second entry for Bailey. See his previous entry at:

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf521715.tip.html

By debbie

How sweet. I have a mixed golden that's dumber than a rock too. But she's the most humble & sweet dog there is. She knows nothing but love. She walks into a room & forgets why she's there!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

thanks for the feed back. we sometimes refer to him as our "little jesus" b/c he loves everyone and thinks everyone is his friend and wants to play. it breaks our heart when we watch him learn that this is not always so. he has taught us many lessons about what is truely important in life.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Great looking dog! You reallly didn't have to tell us EVERYTHING about him, like eating his own waste though!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

At this very moment, I thanked God for peple like you, and that dog is beautiful! Thank you, and everyone else, for being a kind pet parent. Of course, it goes withoug saying, that we are all loving parents with our children.

All the best to you and everyone else here!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Please give Bailey a big hug for me, and I suppose I am a little like Bailey sometimes---not a genius. I just noticed that I spelled people incorrectly in my former post. ;-) If I were your neighbor, Bailey would see that we were his friends!!

My poor German shepherd-mix is 14 1/2 yrs old, and we love him so much, and can't bear the thought of him not being here to try to get spoiled even more. Later I will post a picture of him.

Reply Like this photo? Yes