Telephone and Remote Caddy
Handy TV remote/telephone caddy for back of couch, arm of chair, or bedside.
Approximate Time: 1 hour
- 1 yard material
- 1 spool matching thread
- trim of your choice
- Cut two 45x15 inch and two 15x6 inch pieces of material.
- Cut two pieces of trim, (your choice - I used the ends of an old pillow case with pretty trim) 15 x ? (My trim was 4x15 inches.)
- Place back piece of 45x15 inch material right side up, sandwich one of the 15x6 inch pieces right side up on each end. (Hem one end of 15x6 inch piece before layering.)
- Add other piece of material right side down. Stitch all together on all sides, leaving a 4 inch section un-stitched to turn.
- Turn, un-stitched spot should now be in pocket.
- Stitch trim on top of each end.
- Top stitch all around which should sew un-stitched area together.
- Stitch one end of front to make pockets to keep remote, etc. Make as many pockets as you need.
- Press and hang on the back of the couch, arm or chair, or sandwich in between the mattress in the bedroom.
- If using on the couch, put something heavy in the back pocket to give some weight to hold in place such as an old remote, etc.
I recently had a fractured knee cap and could not get up to get the remote, phone when someone called, etc. and I hated to always ask my husband to hand them to me. This solved the problem of having them handy.
By SLMR from Summerville, GA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In These Guides
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 19, 2017 at 6:23:04 AM on 10.0.1.114 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us