Homemade Eyeliner

I really need a recipe for a homemade eyeliner for a project. Does such a thing exist? Please write if you have ideas!

Lizzy from Boston, MA

I think back in the 20's or 30'd girls used to light a match, LET IT COOL, and use the burnt end as eyeliner. But I wouldn't do that if you wear contacts. Modern eyeliner is formulated to be safe for use on the eyes for people with contacts.

Get you a tube of whatever color lipstick that you are trying to have as your color and then take a q tip and twist the cotton until it has a small pencil tip like end and line your eyes and you can also double as a lip liner.

You might want to be very careful about making anything homemade to use around your eyes. You'd hate to do something that would make you get an eye infection. Remember, our eyes are our are very delicate & sensitive.

There are certain name brand eye makeup products (ex: eye liner pencils) that I can't use, as everytime I do, I get an eye infection. These are mostly the colored products. Usually black doesn't bother me, but purple, & some browns, do.

This is what I do--inexpensive and lasts a long time:

Get a darkish powder eyeshadow and a good paintbrush with small sable hairs. Wet the shadow with the brush, work it around, and brush the color onto your eyes! Soft looking, too!

I'll bet you could use cake mascara. The mascara is dry and comes in a pallet. You moisten the mascara brush and wipe it into the dry cake. Then use it on your lashes. I think you could get it at Sephora.com.

Maybe you could use this as an eyeliner, although it's not technically 'home made'.

Yes, people used to use candleblack for makeup - That is, they would hold a lighted candle under a plate and collect the black soot to them apply to the eyes, etc. But there is so much good cheap stuff around, why do you want to bother? You can get it at the 99 Cent store! And you can even apply your mascara carefully to your upper lid and blur before it dries, which is very quickly.

Gel Eyeliner

Phase A

Weight %

For 100 g / 3.6 oz

Distilled Water 70.5 % 70.5 g / 2.5 oz

Phase B

Triglyceride 7 % 7 g / 0.2 oz

Candelilla Wax 5 % 5 g / 0.2 oz / 2 tsp

GelMaker EMU 3 % 3 g / 0.1 oz / 1/2 - 3/4 tsp tsp

Iron Oxide Black 11 % 11 g / 0.4 oz

Microcrystalline Wax 2 % 2 g / 0.1 oz / 3/4 tsp

Phase C

Phenoxyethano-SA 1.5 % 1.5 g / 30 drops

Method

Add phase B into a disinfected glass beaker and stir to mix the ingredients. Heat phase B to 167oF/75oC until the waxes are melted. Heat phase A to the same temperature. Then add phase A slowly to phase B and stir very well, to form the gel and to mix the two phases well. When cool package into pot containers.

Properties

Easy recipe for making Eyeliner in Gel-Form! Apply to dry, powdered lids and let dry for a few seconds.

I saw on I think it was Martha Stewart you can use a q-tip to wet where you wanting eyeliner, then take eyeshadow on the other end of the q-tip and apply as eyeliner.

You can just take a standard eyeliner brush (or a q-tip) and take the excess product off the tip of a mascara wand and just use that as eyeliner.

Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty RecipesMay 24, 2006
Photo of homemade orange jello.
Homemade Jello (Gelatin) Recipes
Homemade Moisturizer in a jar near a fern leaf
Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
🎉
🎄