Removing Dryer Vanes to Clean

I have something blue all over the inside of my dryer. Looks like crayon, but I didn't find a crayon or anything else. Maybe a Bendaroo? Not sure, but it is along the edge of the part the helps the clothes go around. Sorry I don't know what it's called. Does anyone know if I can get that piece off so I can clean underneath it?

By Rachel from IL

I originally thought that blue waxy feeling stuff was from a crayon or colored pencil, but there were none of these items in the house since my kids were grown and no grandchildren nearby either. Then I thought it was from blue jeans but we had no NEW blue jeans that could have caused it. Then I discovered it is a combination of dyes (the normal fading of dyes) and a buildup of fabric softener.

I don't know about taking the dryer apart to clean it, but I used a single edged razor blade to scrape most of the buildup off and then cleaned up the rest with steel wool, which you can get at Walmart in the paint department. I suppose you could use SOS or Brillo pads too, as long as you wiped off all the soap or you would end up with the same problem. Hope this helps. Pat T. of Ocala

Dryer Drum
Cleaning a Clothes Dryer
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing DryersMarch 8, 2010
Dryer Lint Trap
Cleaning the Dryer Lint Trap
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Clothes Dryer
Cleaning a Dryer Vent
Dryer Sheets
Are Dryer Sheets Safe for Birds?