Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About
Edible Turkey

Simple, but cute, this edible turkey craft is sure to please the turkey enthusiasts as we celebrate Thanksgiving.

• Oreo Cookies
  • Candy corn
  • whoppers or granola bites

Instructions:

1. Take one Oreo cookie and open it up. Note: vanilla cream cookies may also be used if you prefer.

2. Set the side with the cream center intact, cream side up on a plate.

3. Affix another Oreo cookie to the top, back of the opened cookie by pressing it into the cream.

4. Place a granola bite or whopper in front of the whole Oreo cookie to make the head.

5. Place candy corn pieces sticking in the cream portion of the whole Oreo cookie to make the feathers.

6. Cut a triangle out of a piece of candy corn to make a beak and place at an angle in front of the "head".

7. Make a whole plate of these, but hide them or they will get gobbled up fast!

By Jayme from Harrisonburg, VA

By

By Daina 3 2 11/23/2008 Flag

This looks soooo cute...Im trying this for our feast this year...thank you!!!
Daina

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By sally (Guest Post) 11/25/2008 Flag

It's so cute, and I'm gonna give try. :)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By (Guest Post) 11/26/2008 Flag

They do look great. I'm going to try this with my grandkids tomorrow (Thanksgiving Day!). There are 3 two years olds and 2 four year olds, so they will love this.

What a cute picture, Daina. It's a nice touch to send that with your comment.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By CHristine 1 11/06/2009 Flag

Good Morning,

I am one of the Editors for the crafting and DIY website FaveCrafts.com and our blog FaveCraftsBlog.com. We offer hundreds of free craft projects, tutorials, home décor ideas and more in every area of crafting.

I just wanted to let you know that I have written about you in a blog post. I recently wrote about edible Thanksgiving crafts and I came across your blog. I thought your edible candy turkey was adorable and fit nicely with my blog.

If you are interested in reading it you can find it at http://www.favecraftsblog.com/how-to-make-an-edible-thanksgiving-craft/

Thanks and enjoy!

Christine, Editor
www.FaveCrafts.com
www.FaveCraftsBlog.com

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Post a Comment