Edible Turkey

Simple, but cute, this edible turkey craft is sure to please the turkey enthusiasts as we celebrate Thanksgiving.

• Oreo Cookies
  • Candy corn
  • whoppers or granola bites

1. Take one Oreo cookie and open it up. Note: vanilla cream cookies may also be used if you prefer.

2. Set the side with the cream center intact, cream side up on a plate.

3. Affix another Oreo cookie to the top, back of the opened cookie by pressing it into the cream.

4. Place a granola bite or whopper in front of the whole Oreo cookie to make the head.

5. Place candy corn pieces sticking in the cream portion of the whole Oreo cookie to make the feathers.

6. Cut a triangle out of a piece of candy corn to make a beak and place at an angle in front of the "head".

7. Make a whole plate of these, but hide them or they will get gobbled up fast!

By Jayme from Harrisonburg, VA

This looks soooo cute...Im trying this for our feast this year...thank you!!!

It's so cute, and I'm gonna give try. :)

They do look great. I'm going to try this with my grandkids tomorrow (Thanksgiving Day!). There are 3 two years olds and 2 four year olds, so they will love this.

What a cute picture, Daina. It's a nice touch to send that with your comment.

Good Morning,

I am one of the Editors for the crafting and DIY website FaveCrafts.com and our blog FaveCraftsBlog.com. We offer hundreds of free craft projects, tutorials, home décor ideas and more in every area of crafting.

I just wanted to let you know that I have written about you in a blog post. I recently wrote about edible Thanksgiving crafts and I came across your blog. I thought your edible candy turkey was adorable and fit nicely with my blog.

If you are interested in reading it you can find it at http://www.favecraftsblog.com/how-to-make-an-edible-thanksgiving-craft/

Thanks and enjoy!

Christine, Editor

Oreo Turkeys
Making Oreo Turkeys
Food and Recipes Recipes Holidays Thanksgiving DessertsNovember 23, 2008
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
A fancy cookie wedding favor.
Edible Wedding Favor Ideas
A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup