Baby Blanket Patterns

I am looking for a baby blanket pattern. Can anyone tell me where I can find one?

What kind of pattern are you looking for? Do you want a knitted, crocheted or make a blanket from fabric?

Michaels.com and the websites for Bernat and Lion Brand yarns have lots of great patterns for both knitting and crochet.

If you want to make 1 with sewing machine, just cut out 2 pieces of cloth as large as you want the blanket. Put some batting inside of it, then quilt it by hand or sewing machine. Then hem it. I'm almost sure you can locate info online, good luck.

I found several free patterns at www.ProjectLinus.org - volunteers who make blankets for kids in need.

Also, at craft websites as Michael's, Joann's, Hobby Lobby, and as mentioned above - yarn companies.

You can do a web search for free baby blanket patterns. Lots of them are out there.

http://www.croc  baby_afghans.php

When I was pregnant with my second child, I obtained directions to make a "lintless" receiving blanket. To do this you need two pieces of fabric in the size that you want the blanket to be. One piece has to be flannel fabric like the boughten blankets are made out of, and the other piece can be a woven fabric of your choice as long as it is soft. I used a fabric called Plisse'. I don't know if that can be found any more(this was back in the 60s). It was similar to seersucker, only softer than the seersucker that I am familiar with. The plisse that I used had delicate prints on it and the flannel was solid color.

Anyway to make the blanket you take the two pieces of fabric and make sure the edges are straight and line up, then place them right sides together, leaving an opening to turn them right side out. I then top stitched close to the edges and in order to keep the two layers of fabric from shifting, I just stitched a diagonal line of stitching, kitty corner from on corner to the opposite. I then did the same thing on opposite corners, making a giant "X". A person could tie the layers together with yarn, or do actual quilting type stitching, or whatever, flips your trigger.