Lacy Crocheted Baby Blanket Pattern
A beautiful crocheted blanket is the perfect gift for a new baby and is sure to be treasured as the child grows. This page contains a pattern for a lacy crocheted baby blanket
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a lightweight, lacy blanket, perfect for summer. Sometimes you want a little warmth, but not too much. Great size for a stroller or car seat.
Total Time: About 6-7 hours
Yield: 1- 24" by 27" blanket
- "I" crochet hook
- approximately 250 yards each of soft white and petal pink #4 worsted weight yarn
- embroidery needle for weaving in ends
- Ch 65.
- Dc, ch 2, dc in 6th ch from hook.
- Skip 3 ch, dc, ch 2, dc in next ch.
- *Skip 3 ch, dc, ch 2, dc* repeat steps between * to * until you have 3 ch left. Skip 2 ch, dc in last.
- Ch 3, turn. Skip 2 dc, 4 dc in ch 2 space.
- *Skip 2 dc, 4 dc in each ch 2 space*, repeat until the end of the row. Make your last dc here.
- Now that you have made 2 rows with your petal pink, you will now drop that color and pick up soft white. (You will be dropping and picking up your alternate colors every 2nd row. You will simply run the yarn up the side of the blanket. This will eliminate having to weave in a million ends. Don't worry, the border will hide the yarn at the end.) Ch 4.
- Turn, 1 dc in this space.
- Skip 4, 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc.
- Repeat skip 4 dc, 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc in each space between 4 dc groups until the end.
- Ch 3, turn, skip 1st dc, 2 dc in ch 1 space.
- Skip 2 dc, 4 dc in each ch 2 space till end, 3 dc in last space.
- Now that you have made 2 rows of soft white, pick up your pink again. Just remember, every 2 rows. :) Ch 3.
- Turn, skip 3, dc, ch 2, dc in this space.
- Skip 4 dc, dc, ch 2, dc in each space between groups of 4 dc till end. 1 dc in last space.
- Ch 3, skip first 2 dc, *4 dc in ch 2 sp, skip 2 dc, repeat from *, skip last dc, 1 dc in ch, turn.
- Ch 4, 1 dc in sp between first 2 dc, *skip 4 dc, 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc in sp before next group of 4 dc, repeat from*, 1 dc, ch 1, 1 dc in sp before ch, turn.
- Ch 3, skip first dc, 2 dc in ch 1 sp, *skip 2 dc, 4 dc in ch 2 sp, repeat from*, 3 dc in ch 4 sp, turn.
- Ch 3, skip first 3 dc, *1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc in sp before next group, skip 4 dc, repeat from *, skip last 2 dc, 1 dc in sp between last dc and ch, turn.
- Repeat last rows 17-20 in order a total of 6 times. Then you will repeat rows 17-19 once.
- End off the white, pick up your pink. Ch 1, rotate your work to the left, make 2 sc in the end of each row for a total of 64 sc on this side. Work 3 sc in the corner, 60 sc evenly next side, 3 sc next corner, 64 sc evenly next side, 3 sc next corner, 60 sc next side, 3 sc last corner, join with a slip stitch to your first sc.
- Ch 3, turn. 2 dc in the same space as the ch, 3 dc in each stitch around your entire blanket until you have reached your first ch. Join and fasten off.
- Would make a great doll blanket too :)