Making a Lacy Crocheted Dishcloth
The lacy pattern used for this dishcloth makes it a good gift for a housewarming or other occasion. This is a guide about making a lacy crocheted dishcloth
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a feminine dishcloth. Using an easy, lacy stitch, you may not want to get it dirty when you're done!:) These make nice hostess gifts.
Total Time: Under 1 hour
- "J" crochet hook
- approximately 75-100 yards #4 worsted weight yarn
- embroidery needle
- Ch 25.
- (Dc, ch 1) 3 times in 6th ch from hook, 1 dc in same ch, *skip 3 ch, (1 dc, ch 1) 3 times in next ch, 1 dc in same ch, repeat from* to last 3 ch, skip 2 ch, 1 dc in last ch.
- Ch 3, turn. Skip (1 dc, 1 ch, 1 dc), *(1dc, ch 1) 3 times in next ch space, 1 dc in same ch space, skip (1 dc, 1 ch, 2 dc, 1 ch, 1 dc) repeat from *to center of last group, skip (1 dc, 1 ch, 1 dc), 1 dc in 5th ch of tch.
- Repeat last step 8 times more, ending with 1 dc in 3rd ch of tch.
- Ch 1, work 137 sc evenly around the entire perimeter of your dishcloth.
- Your finished product will be approximately 8 1/2" by 9".
July 11, 20172 found this helpful
These delicate crocheted dishcloths look too pretty to be used for cleaning, but work great for scrubbing dishes. Learn how to make them in this short video.
In This Guide