Making a Cottage Crochet Dishcloth
This pretty dishcloth has a cottage decor look to it. Make several. This is a page about making a cottage crochet dishcloth.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is an easy, yet charming pattern. I wish the photos showed the gorgeous purple hues of the yarn better. At any rate, as I was making this, I thought it belonged in a little cottage kitchen. For now it will stay in mine though.
Total Time: Around 30 minutes
- "I" crochet hook
- small amounts "Peaches and Creme" #4 cotton yarn, color #1318 Black Currant
- small amounts "Peaches and Creme Twists" #4 cotton yarn, color #03712 - Fruit Explosion
- embroidery needle
- Ch 5, join with a slip stitch in the first ch to create a ring.
- Ch 3, work 2 dc in ring.
- Ch 2, work 3 dc, ch 2,
- 3 dc, ch 2,
- 3 dc, ch 2.
- Join with a slip stitch in the space between your first ch 3, and your first dc.
- Turn your work, slip stitch in this ch space, see?
- Ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc,
- dc in the next 3 dc.
- In the next ch 2 space, work 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc,
- dc in the next 3 dc.
- Continue in the same manner working each corner as the last and working 1 dc in each dc. Join with a slip stitch at the end of this round just as you did the last.
- Now you will be dropping this particular yarn, and picking up your coordinating color.
ch 3, turn.
- Work 1 dc in each dc till corner, work 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in corner.
- Dc in each dc until corner.
- Work each corner, 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc.
- Continue in pattern until end of round and join in usual manner.
- Drop this color now, pick up original color, ch 3, turn.
- Continue to work this round as the last. 1 dc in each dc, 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in each corner. Join in usual manner. Cut and finish off this color with a slip stitch.
- Pick up your color from the last row by entering the slip stitch you just made. Ch 3, turn.
- Work in the same manner as the last row until the end of this round. The only difference is the corners. In the corners you will; 2 dc, ch 3, slip stitch in the top of the last dc, 2 dc, continue with 1 dc in each dc. See the cute little pointed corner it gives you?:)
- Finish off and weave in ends.
- Now use!:)
January 26, 20150 found this helpful
What a cute little dishcloth. Those colors are gorgeous.
January 27, 20150 found this helpful
Beautiful. Thanks for the instructions.
February 3, 20150 found this helpful