Granny Square Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
You can use any one of many granny square patterns and make a pretty and functional crochet dishcloth. This page has a pattern for making a granny square crochet dishcloth
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Granny squares are charming and they bring back memories of yesteryear. This version will allow you to enjoy one with a dishcloth. Quick, fun, and useful. These make nice gifts as well. :)
Total Time: Under an hour
- "I" crochet hook
- about half of a 2 ounce ball of #4 worsted weight cotton yarn. Peaches and Cream, color; orange sherbert
- embroidery needle for weaving in ends
- Ch 5, join with a slip stitch in your first ch to make a ring.
- Ch 3, 2 dc, ch2, *3 dc, ch 2, * Repeat steps between * * 2 more times. You will be joining with a slip stitch right here.
- Ch 1, turn. Slip stitch in the first ch space. Ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc.
- Ch 1, 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc in the next ch space.
- Ch 1, 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc in the next ch space, ch 1, 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc, ch 1, join as before.
- Ch 1, turn. Slip stitch in the ch 1 space, ch 3, 2 dc.
- Ch 1, work 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc in the next ch 2 space.
- Continue in this pattern until the end of the row. Working 3 dc in each ch 1 space, chaining 1 before and after and working 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc in each ch 2 corner space.
- Repeat the last row in the same manner 2 more times.
- Do not turn this time. Ch 3, 1 dc in each stitch and ch1 space. Work 3 dc in each ch 2 corner.
- Weave in your ends.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.