Stained Glass Wind Chimes

Has anyone ever made windchimes from stained glass? I have some shards that I would like to use and I'm not sure what type of string/wire would be best to string the pieces together. I saw examples of these at a craft show, they used small driftwood pieces for the top and then used glass and beads to make the chimes. Unfortunately, I don't remember what they used to string them together.

Kathy from Canton, NC

You can use fishing line. You can drill a hole right through the glass or get those little thinggy's (sorry I do not know what they are called) that you can glue right on the glass that has a loop in it. You can get them at craft and jewelry making supply stores. They are uaually used to make necklaces.

I saw a lady on tv make some; she had glass shards, solder iron, copper take and round copper frames (circles)

she first tried glass in the circle frame (like hoop frame but copper) then she put copper tape around each piece of glass then she solder it til it was done

looked easy

i thinki it was HGTV

Crafts Glass ArtSeptember 3, 2006
Upclose photo of a wind chime hanging outside.
Making Wind Chimes
Repairing Wind Chimes
Repairing Wind Chimes
Wind chimes that are made from a clay pot.
Clay Pot Wind Chimes
Finished Wind Chimes
Silverware Wind Chimes