Buy Two Of Bargain Finds

If you find something you like that's a bargain, why not buy two? I got some inexpensive dollar sunglasses I liked a while ago and bought two pairs. Now one is shot, and I am working on the second one. (And I just found another style I liked and bought another two pairs, for $2.)

By pamphyila from Los Angeles

Good idea except for one thing: cheap sunglasses do not protect against UVA and UVB rays. Very important for strong sunlight such as in California--in fact, anywhere, summer or winter.

Note re the rays - Don't think that's always true - I get bargain sunglasses that state they are UVB protective, etc. They are just last year's make or model....And then I get very light tinted ones for varying conditions. Thanks for reminding us, though.

This is a good tip I don't always remember and then am sorry when I can't find the item again. I don't think it has to be something that's real cheap either....just something you really like....like a certain kind of shoes perhaps.

Why spend two dollars when you have only one?

Also, when on such a tight budget, we cannot afford the first one, most of the time, and are thrilled to find ANYTHING extra that we can. For example, we

had to wait until the very last minute sales for school and relative valentines, which were 90% off. If I had bought two of anything, I could have only had them and not the little single special silver heart for my grandson's mom. I also happened to find wooden cross keychains for .10 each ! Pennies make dollars, remember. Storing things is a really big problem here, since I have to store materials I find curbside in hopes of remodeling my old run down home one day soon in the early Spring.

I suppose buying 2 at one time goes back to the theory of stockpiling - that is, if you can afford it - stocking up when you see a bargain - so you don't have to go back to buy it at full price. Of course, if the $ is really tight, you just get what you CAN afford at the moment - it's all a matter of where you are financially. I have a tendency to spend more when I am slightly flush and then have stores to fall back on when money is tight...and since I have always had a fluctuating income, this strategy has worked for me over the years. I am still wearing the 2 pairs of jeans I got on sale for $6 each at a Kohl's sale 2 years ago!