Dishwasher Left Aluminum Cookie Sheets Dull and Gray

By laura 1

Why are my aluminum cookie sheets turning dull grey in my dishwasher?

By Laura from WI

Showing: Answers Sort

By katrina 5 232 Flag

Aluminum cookware of any kind should not even be available on the market place. It cooks off into the food, and an excess of aluminum in the brain is what causes Alzheimers, as has been known for decades!

Many countries including Canada do not even allow them to be sold in their countries and have not for years!

That said: I would check into the "green pan" advanced technology available on Hsn.com; or go to a restaurant supply place to see about getting stainless steel ones, or anything but aluminum!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By kathleen blakley 6 26 Flag

Because the dishwasher soap/powder/tablets reacts badly with aluminum.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

thr522587 Flag

I've done a lot research on aluminum and the consensus from medical sources is that there's no evidence aluminum leads to Alzheimer's! Aluminum concentrations have been found in the brains of Alzheimers victims but it's considered more likely that the disease causes the changes in the brain that cause it to retain more aluminum.

Aluminum is the third most plentiful element on Earth used in everything from auto making to doors to foil and is even in food and water and our air so if it caused Alzheimer's we would all have the disease. With that being said, it's the dishwasher soap chemicals that cause the discoloration but there is nothing harmful about that either; they just don't look spanking shiny new anymore is all there is to it. ;-)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

I have washed my aluminum cookie sheet in the dishwasher for decades. It is fine. Just not shiny. Who cares? Not me!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

Deeli is correct. There is no evidence that aluminum causes Alzheimer's Disease, or anything else. And aluminum cookware is not banned in Canada, at least it wasn't yesterday when I was shopping.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By susan 8 1,368 Flag

Placing aluminum next to any stainless steel (pots, silverware, etc.) in the dishwasher will discolor the aluminum.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesSeptember 26, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2016 at 2:07:42 PM on 10.0.0.120 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings