Will Dry Heat Harm Wool Clothing?

Will dry heat harm wool clothing? Following a bedbug infestation, I would like to use the dryer to be sure bugs and eggs are dead, but I do not want to harm the clothes.

mcgurkh from NYC

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I'm not sure what you mean by 'dry heat'. I do know that you can't put wool sweaters in the dryer, they'll shrink up to the size of a small dog. Best of lucky with your problem.

Put them in a plastic bag and stick them in the freezer for a couple of days. The freezing temps should kill the bugs and their eggs.

If the wool is dry, the heat shouldn't hurt it but if it is wet, it will shrink.

Susan from ThriftyFun

I'd look on the internet for suggestions/solutions, AND I'd call a GOOD dry cleaner about it because it's wool and they should KNOW all about it. Sorry your're having this problem. I'd NEVER place anything infested with bugs/eggs in MY dryer, or I'd risk FURTHER infestation in other things should they not die. They are likely in your mattresses, upholstered furniture or linens, MORE than in the clothing. Make certain those things are VACUUMED well, sprayed with an organic repellent, then spray only your drawers/closet floors, unless you know for certain they are in your clothes, too. Good luck and God help you.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJuly 23, 2007
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Wool Sweater
Removing Stains From Wool Clothing
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
Watering Flowers
Helping Your Garden Beat The Heat
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 3:38:12 PM on 10.0.2.240 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.