Baron (Dachshund)

Baron is my 10 year old dachshund. I got him in June from a lady in Kennett Square who does rescues. He likes to eat, bark and run -- did I mention EAT?

He gets along great with my other two older dachshunds and they all love to run along the fence together and bark at anyone walking past. I sent a picture to the lady I got him from and she couldn't believe he was that "skinny" guy that she gave me 6 weeks ago.

Baron - Dachshund

By Betty from Philadelphia, PA

Thanks for rescuing. His is a handsome boy. I have had 3 doxies myself with another 3 owned by my Dad and Brother. I would recommend that you try to keep his weight down. I know it's hard not to live by the "Food is Love" motto, but doxies can have serious, even life-threatening back problems if they are toting too much tonnage. Just give him lots of the other kind of love. Best of luck with him.

Hi Betty, My hat's off to you for taking in an older doxie. He's looks great for 10! We have had 4 of them over the past 15 years (longhair, smooth, standard, mini) and love the breed. I grew up in the Philadelphia area but didn't get to know the breed until years later when I moved west. Good luck with your pack!

I have a 4 year old rescue dachshund from a puppy mill, who I named Aanya [after my mom who passed over - german name for a german dog]. She came to me with no name. I grew up with standard size doxies, but little A is a mini dapple long hair, who is the love of my life and my life saver. I wish I could post a pic of her, but they all turn out with red eyes, and she looks like a devil dog - hahahahahah.

Photos Pets DogsJuly 28, 2006
Dachshund and Schnauzer Mix
Dachshund and Schnauzer Mixed Breed Information and Photos
Dachshund/Pomeranian
Dachshund/Pomeranian Mix Photos
Photo of a Mini Dachshund by the water.
Dachshund Breed Information and Photos
🎉
🎄