Staple Together Non-Needed Sections of Manuals

In most home products, you will usually get a manual. Many may have one or several language sections. I only need to read one language. To make reading more manageable, I staple together the pages I will not need.

Another idea is to rubber band, in the middle/spine, the section(s) not needed. But some manuals are too flimsy for this to work.

I have tried at times, cutting away the unneeded sections but sometimes the manual would fall apart or there may be too many pages to cut.

Don't forget to take the time to staple the receipt to the manual. Plus note the model and serial number on the manual. If any service was done on the product, I write all the information and staple any other receipts including the date on the inside cover.

I place each manual in a zip lock plastic bag for future reference. This keeps any loose paperwork, in case you don't have the time to note any changes in the manual. It's a good idea to occasionally go through the manuals and throw away any ones that are no longer needed.

This saves you time whenever a product needs to be repaired or referenced.

By mkymlp from NE, PA

Another great idea is to just remove the sections you need, and put them in a protective sleeve in a binder marked "manuals". This helps with other things too, like recipes and craft patterns!

Thumbs up!

Thumbs up!

Stack of Appliance Manuals
Organizing Appliance Manuals
Organizing PaperworkNovember 29, 2010
Sewing Machine
Finding Sewing Machine Manuals
closeup of sewing machine foot and needle
Finding Coronado Sewing Machine Manuals
Handyman Finding Appliance Manuals Online
Finding Appliance Manuals Online
Unorganized stack of manuals
Storing Manuals and Receipts