FleasPest Control

Fleas in My Yard

What can I spray to kill fleas around my dog house and yard?

By mimsey

There is a product call Sevin it comes in a powder form. You sprinkle it all around your yard. It is for fleas and is safe for pets. This works I'm told. Best bet may be to get rid of them on the dog first.

http://www.gard … duct.asp?pn=2779

Gardens alive has this product that is non toxic and once you apply it, it works year after year. It has totally changed our dogs and our summer. I told the vet about it and he didn't have much to say, but then I thought they make a lot of money selling flea products.

How can I get rid of the fleas in my yard? They have taken over!

Kara from Alexandria, VA

Answers:

Fleas in My Yard

We buy lime by the 50 pound bag, and I broadcast that around the perimeter of the house. It works wonders. Also, if you have a deck, broadcast under it, I had to "throw" it under the deck sometime a hand full at a time, but, it really works. (09/13/2006)

By glinda

Fleas in My Yard

Ace Hardware in my town carries "Home Defense" and you use it in a sprayer. It's really good stuff and we have tried it on fleas and ticks in the desert. It works wonderfully, they don't come back after a spraying. It hasn't hurt our dogs or birds, but we waited for it to dry on the ground before letting the 2 dogs out. The quail and dove haven't been affected by it so far and it's been on the ground for 2 months. (09/13/2006)

By Louise

Fleas in My Yard

Sevin Dust, every week for about 4 weeks, should do it. If you live in the country or in a town where they don't care about your choice of "pets," guinea hens make excellent bug destroyers. So do chickens, but guineas get the prize. (09/14/2006)

By carla bledsoe