Waterfall Cat Waterer

My friend's cat jumped at the chance to drink the water while it was running from a faucet. In fact, she refused to drink it any other way. The friend bought one of those cute little plug-in decorative waterfalls and set it on her hearth.

Now the cat is happy and getting plenty of water, and she doesn't have to guard the faucet when she's using the sink. You cat owners know how persnickety they can be and how accomplished they are at getting their needs and wants taken care of.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

I wonder if it will ruin the fountain if the cat drinks all the water that is recirculated. It sounds like a good idea as long as the water is changed often enough and not allowed to become bacteria laden. Great idea! Cats are so picky! Mine won't even eat treats!

Please have your friend check the information that came with the unit. Many of the decorator waterfalls are made from materials that are dangerous for use with consumption.

We had the same problem with our cat and were unable to find one of the decorator waterfalls that wasn't dangerous. We finally decided on a pet fountain we found at Walmart.

And yes, you are so right about persnickety cats and the getting of their way. Alas, what can you do, but love them?

My cat will only drink running water also. Where do you get these waterfalls?

My cat got very sick drinking water from a pet fountain. They don't clean the water, they only remove debris. The pump gets horribly icky with slime within a week's time and it is not good for your pet. Provide clean water every day in a dish you can wash.

My old cat drank out of a fountain for years. She died at age 19. My new kitty (now 2 1/2) loves to drink from the same fountain. I add a few ounces of water every day to keep it full and I clean it out once in a blue moon. Also, the kitty water fountains come with a filter that needs to be cleaned or replaced every now and then.

Pets CatsMay 11, 2009
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
Chicken Waterer
Making Your Own Chicken Waterer
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Cat Meowing
Preventing A Cat From Meowing
🎄
🍂