Is this a bowmaker?

Is this a bowmaker? How do I use it?

Thanks!

Holly from Richardson, TX

What I think you have there is a pom-pom maker! Take some yarn and hook the end of it through the "12 o'clock" slit with a bit of a tail hanging down the back. Cross over to "6 o'clock," and loop back around to "1 o'clock" Now go from "1" to "7." Continue around the 'clock' over and over until you have a lot of layers. The more layers, the thicker the pom-pom. Carefully, with really, really sharp scissors, cut around the outer edge of the yarn circle. Your loops will now be even lenghts of yarn in a bundle that sticks out the middle of the pom-pom maker. Take a length of yarn (I'd guess 6 or 8 inches and carefully tie it around the bundle close to the center hole. Pull the bundle out and fluff it up, and you have a pom pom.

I hope this makes sense!

You're welcome, Holly!

Thank you for taking the time to explain how to use it.

Holly

This is to make Daisys for Afghans, bed spreds or ponchos.""

Where can I purchase one of these?

This is used for fly fishing, to wrap the fishing line (tippet) and easily available from a tackle shop.

Crafts AdviceJanuary 11, 2006
🎉
🎄