Digital Camera Won't Hold a Charge

My digital camera won't hold a charge with any kind of batteries including rechargeable ones.

Michelle from Stoughton, WI

I would take it to a camera store to get it checked out.

Bummer! There could be something preventing it from holding a charge; I would take it to a repair shop and let them check it. If it is still under warranty, you could contact the manufacturer; actually, contacting the manufacturer is not a bad idea in the first place. They will be more familiar with your camera than a generic repair shop, and it's possible that there may be a problem with your particular style of camera that the manufacturer will know about more-so than someone else, because people will be contacting them in the event of a problem. And if it is a manufacturing defect, it may be covered, just look them up on-line. If all else fails, you may have to replace the camera, (my sympathies). Good luck to you. Carole

If the camera is trash, then how about buying an electrical power cord with adaptors that will fit your camera and trying to take pictures? Like I said, only if you are ready to throw it out!

These inexpensive power adaptors are available at places like Wal-Mart and Fry's. Bring the camera along so the clerk can help you.

---------------

PS FIRST, open the battery compartment and gently rub the battery connector points or scrape gently with a screwdriver. Wipe with a disposable towel. Sometimes an invisible build up of acid needs to be removed. Wash your hands thoroughly after this process.

Hello,

I have the same problem. What I do is I take out the batteries when I am not using the camera. Camera draws on them even when you're not taking pics. Hope this helps.

I had the same problem and bought new recharable batteries (on ebay- much cheaper) and it works fine now.

I have a Kodak Easyshare digital camera. It would not hold a charge very long for about 2 years. I was constantly changing batteries and promising myself that I was going to get it fixed or buy a new one. I never did either and all of a sudden, it started working like a charm. I change batteries very infrequently. I don't know what happened. I am not doing anything different and no different batteries. Anybody have any ideas?

Home and Garden Repair Electronics (Small)December 4, 2008
Riding Mower
Riding Mower Battery Won't Hold a Charge
Broken Digital Camera
Uses for a Broken Digital Camera
Couple Buying a Digital Camera
Buying a Digital Camera
A girl in a striped shirt holding a camera to her eye.
Buying a Camera
🎉
🎄