Removing Baked on Beans from Crock

We have just over baked some beans in a crock bean pot and they have really cooked on. We have scrubbed until we have worn out 2 pads. Is there an easy way to clean baked on beans from a crock bean pot?
Thank you,
Bob

Hi Bob,

What works best for me for baked on food is to soak the crock with about 2-3 Tablespoons of dishwasher detergent, the kind you put in your automatic dishwasher. Fill it with hot water and let it sit a while. Take a pancake turner and scrape the bottom and sides where it is burned on and let soak until all of it will come off. Soaking does wonders for baked on stuff. Dishwasher soap is more caustic than hand dishwashing soap so wear rubber gloves or limit time your hands are in the water.

Next time before you use it, spray it with some Pam.

Susan from ThriftyFun

have you tried filling the pot with hot water and tossing in a dryer sheet?

let is sit all night and (if its like my burnt pot) it will wipe off the next day.

Put in a little dishwashing detergent and hot water. Then - plug the crock pot back in and turn on low. It will "cook" right off.

Sheryl

Fill with hot water and put a little bleach in. Let it set a while and it should come right out. I have always had great results!!

Yep, Bob, here are two good ways to remove baked on "stuff" from just about any pot or pan. First, you can fill the crock pot with water to the stain line and throw in a couple of cups of baking soda and just simmer it for a few hours. Most all of it should come out....OR my favorite remidy is to dampen the stains and crud with water and sprinkle on some automatic dishwasher soap and let stand overnight. Dampen again and it should just pretty much lift right out. Can't tell you how often I've done this. Dishwasher soap will also get tomato stains out of tupperware if soaked for a bit. Happy holidays. Margie

Put about a tablespoon of dishwasher soap in the crock and then put it in a dishpan or the sink in the hottest water that you have. Let it soak overnight. It should just lift off overnite. Make sure that you use dishwasher soap, not just dish washing soap.

Whem trying to remove any baked on messes I have found add a little water 1/4 cup to the dish cover and place in the fridge overnight.

I need help! I baked a mince pie with a Pam-sprayed baking sheet on the oven rack below the pie. Now, the Pam is baked on and scrubbing with Barkeeper's Friend or Bon-Ami doesn't work. Any ideas?

a lot of times when i have something that is baked on and won't come off I let is soak overnight in hot water, dish soap and clorox cleanup. or just spray it with the clorox clean up and let it soak for a while...usually works well. Clorox cleanup is a staple in my kitchen, laundry room, bathroom and every room in my house!

Baked On Food in Broiler Pan
Cleaning Baked On Food
Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenDecember 7, 2004
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
Freezing Green Beans
simmering crock pot
Cleaning a Crock Pot
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap
🎉
🎄