Recycle Cans and Packaging Into Storage Containers

Make storage cans with empty cans. This one shown was made to be a pencil can. I always lose my pens.

Take your empty can and rinse it out with soap and water. Let air dry. Find anything you're not using and cover the front. For the second one, I used juice pouches to match the purse. :) Be careful, the hot glue is very hot. Trim with your favorite decals and go.

Thanks for reading this.

By Sharon from Miami

That's a wonderful idea! They are a true example of your "recycling" talent, and you did a great job on them. These would make great gifts for the younger crowd at Christmas, or even a teacher! Of course you'd have to eat bunches and bunches of M & M's, but who doesn't like them anyway?? Thanks for sharing your great idea with us. A Louisiana reader.....

I have been doing this for many years. Have buttons, stight pins and about everything in cans. I paint a lot of my cans with acrylic paints. For the fourth of July party I painted them red and blue with white stars on them. Made silverware holders, used tuna cans for candles and some of the big coffee cans for chips, etc... They looked pretty and best of all no way will they get broken. My best gift was a couple of years ago my daughter gave me the can opener by Krupps that takes the rim off leaving a nice clean edge that is not sharp. Now I find a use for almost every can I open. They are great for children's crafts. We used coffe cans at our church for the children to make easter cans in place of baskets. The little ones enjoyed doing their own.

Reusing Aluminum (Tin) Cans
Reusing Tin Cans
Crafts Recycled Crafts ContainersJanuary 31, 2007
Tuna Cans
Uses for Tuna Cans
Magazine Storage Containers
Buying Magazine Storage Containers
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄