Caramel Apple Dip without Using Caramels

I'm looking for a caramel apple dip recipe without using caramels.

jho from Chassell

I love this recipe...

6 Granny Smith apples

6 wooden sticks

1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped

2 tablespoons water

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 cups chopped peanut butter filled sandwich cookies

4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped

4 ounces white chocolate, chopped

Insert wooden sticks 3/4 of the way into the stem end of each apple. Place apples on a cookie sheet covered with lightly greased aluminum foil.

Combine caramels and water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring often, until caramel melts and is smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Dip each apple into the caramel and gently run apples around insides of saucepan to scrape off some of the caramel. Scrape excess caramel from the apple bottoms using the side of the saucepan.

Spread the chopped cookies out on a dinner plate. Roll caramel apples in the cookies and place on the aluminum foil. Place the milk chocolate and white chocolate into separate microwave-safe bowls. Heat in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. Drizzle milk chocolate over the apples, then drizzle the white chocolate over the milk chocolate. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

makes 6 servings

The best carmel apple dip ever is easily made by immersing an unopened can of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk in a pan of water and slowly bring it to a soft boil, continue at a slow boil for approx 2 hours. Remove can from water, allow to cool unopened for 1 hour. Remove top of can and "TADAAA" the best creamy carmel dip! Just make sure to keep enough water in the pan to keep the can covered while cooking.

My mother sent this to me just the other day from

I would bet that you could skip the whole apple step and warm the caramel to use on slices instead.

Caramel Apple Recipe

Please be careful when making caramel apples, you will be working with dangerously hot, sticky, ingredients - I always put on an apron and make sure I have a closed-toed pair of shoes on when making candy. Be extra, extra careful if you have kids around. On the ingredient front, I typically go for a mild clover honey when making caramels.

6 - 8 small apples, unwaxed, cold

1 cup heavy cream

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

1 cup honey

Special equipment: candy thermometer, and lollipop sticks

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Push a lollipop or popsicle stick deep into each apple - in through the stem.

Fill a large bowl 1/2 full with ice water and set aside.

In a medium, thick-bottomed saucepan heat the cream and salt until tiny bubbles start forming where the milk touches the pan - just before a simmer. Stir in the honey. Bring the mixture to a boil. Now reduce the heat to an active simmer and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for about 15-20 minutes minutes or until the mixture reaches about 255-260F degrees.

To stop the caramel from cooking; very, very carefully set the bottom of the saucepan in the bowl of cold water you prepared earlier - taking special care not to get any of the water in the caramel mixture. Stir until caramel begins to thicken up - you want the caramel to be thin enough that it will easily coat your apples, but not so thin that it will run right off. If the caramel thickens too much simply put the pot back over the burner for 10 seconds or so to heat it up a bit.

I tilt my sauce pan so all the caramel forms a pool on one side, and use my other hand to dunk and twirl each apple until it is thoroughly coated with caramel. Place each apple on the parchment lined baking sheets and allow the caramel to cool and set. Makes 6 - 8 caramel apples.

Here's my recipe~

Caramel Apple Dip

8 oz cream cheese

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 t. vanilla extract

pinch salt, optional

Beat all ingredients together until light and fluffy.

Use as a dip for apple slices or other fruit.

I guess I am confused...You want a dip without caramels...yet everyone except one is sending you recipes with caramels.

I would google it, or just use caramel ice cream topping??

Caramel Apple Dip

8 oz cream cheese, generic good--DO NOT USE REDUCED FAT--gets rather 'snotty'

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 TABLESOON vanilla extract

Mix on low with mixer or hand beat. The more you beat on low, the more air goes in, the more volume you have.

We have made this for decades and it is a Minnesota favorite with apples, other raw vegies and fruit.

Found this at Taste of Home:

* 2 tablespoons butter, cubed

* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar

* 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk

* 1/4 cup light corn syrup

* 1-1/2 teaspoons water

* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

* Sliced apples

In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, milk, corn syrup and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Serve with apples. Yield: 1 cup.

This is really easy and so good!

1 jar of Marshmallow Cream

1 pkg. of softened Cream Cheese

1 jar of Smuckers Caramel (for ice cream sundaes)

Mix together with an electric mixer. Refrigerate. Dip with apples, other fruit, anything. It's wonderful.

Plate of apples and caramel dip.
Caramel Apple Dip Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Dips & SpreadsOctober 21, 2008
Italian Dip
Italian Dip Recipes
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider, Two glasses of sparkling apple cider.
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Stack of caramel candies.
Homemade Caramel Recipes