Attach Your Bobbin to a Magnet

This is for all you sewing machine sewers. If you are like me, one of the most frustrating things to do is when you are trying to remove thread from a bobbin that you want to put another color on, it seems like no matter how tightly you hang on to it, the bobbin falls from your fingers onto the floor.

I have learned to "attach it to a magnet" with the flat side down. You will never have it falling on the floor again!

Source: This tip comes from myself with over 55 years of sewing experience, and I just discovered it which proves you are never too old to learn!

By Elaine from IA

Another way to do it is use a pencil through the hole. I hold one end of the pencil pointing up and unwind.

I have two spool holders on top of my machine. I simply put the bobbin on one and start pulling. I haven't lost a bobbin this way yet.

Would this cause problems with computerized sewing machines?

I use an old magnet from my husbands CB radio antennae! It holds my needles and bobbins

WOW! What a great tip.

You can bet I'll be using this one!

And I've been sewing at least 45 yrs.!

Yes magnets cause problems with computerized machines. Even pins that have been put in a magnet dish is dangerous to the machine. I know first hand and a BIG repair bill. Keep the magnets across the room.

A sewing room garbage can by tying a bag to the table leg.
Sewing Tips And Tricks
Crafts SewingSeptember 24, 2008
Sewing Machine
Bobbin Case Keeps Falling Out of a Sewing Machine
sewing machine
Sewing Vinyl
Bobbin Thread Keeps Breaking
Bobbin Thread Keeps Breaking
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine