Use Craft Foam for Hanger Cushion

I recently bought some really nice hangers with a velvet type of covering on them so garment won't slip. They are extremely thin like wire hangers, which is great to save space, but when you hang a pair of pants, or linens on a wire or very thin hangers you get BIG time creases.

As I was hanging my daughter's clothes I noticed on her craft table a sheet of Craft Foam. I cut a piece about a 1 1/2 inch wide lengthwise, wrapped it around the wire and stapled it across the bottom, used needle nosed pliers to pinch the staple ends firmly into the foam, so they don't catch on the fabric, and voila. No creases. And non slip. If you wanted you could add that non-slip drawer liner rubber around, for extra stay-put-ness.

I found the foam, 3 sheets for a $1.00, at the buck store and the drawer liner for a dollar a roll. I tried to use tape and glue to hold the foam around but, the resistance pulled the foam apart.

I'm sure you could even use the same trick for the shoulder part of the hanger. Just pierce a small hole for the hook part of the hanger, put it through, and wrap around.

As a bonus, the foam comes in an array of colours for those of us that colour coordinate their closets. Now I don't have to buy those expensive pant hangers that cost a fortune.

By mdevost from Ontario, Canada

Organizing Your Bedroom Closet
Organizing Your Bedroom Closet
Organizing ClosetDecember 29, 2009
Stamps and Colored Ink
Cleaning Foam Stamps
Craft Foam Purses
Making Craft Foam Purses
Colorful sweater hanging in a closet.
Removing Hanger Bumps on Sweaters
Earbuds Missing Foam Covers
Replacing Foam Earbud Covers
🎉
🎄