How to Make a St. Patty's Door Hanger
Begin with one paper plate. Cut and paint it to resemble a rainbow and a pot of gold, with gold foam coins and a green foam shamrock. This door hanger is an inexpensive kid friendly craft for St. Patrick's Day.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Kids will love creating this easy and inexpensive Irish door hanger to hang on a door knob to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!
Approximate Time: about 1 hour
- paper plate
- black acrylic paint
- sponge brush or paint brush
- colored markers
- green craft foam or paper
- yellow craft foam or paper
- craft glue
- Cut the paper plate to look like a pot with a rainbow over it. Be sure to cut a notch on opposite sides of the plate so that it resembles a pot.
- Draw a line to separate the pot from the rainbow and paint the bottom area black.
- While paint is drying, cut a shamrock from green craft foam or paper.
- Cut out circles from the yellow craft foam or paper for the gold coins.
- Use colored markers to create the rainbow.
- Glue the shamrock to the pot and glue the gold coins to the pot. Allow glue to dry before hanging on door knob.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.