Uses for Patty Paper

Patty paper is sold to be used to separate hamburger patties, cheese slices, and other food items. It can also be put to other uses, even crafts, and classroom math demonstrations. This is a guide about uses for patty paper.

I was looking for some tracing paper in my art supplies to make tracings of quilt applique templates and other drawings to create some felt leaves for a project. I was out of tracing paper, but remembered that I had some 6 x 6 inch patty paper in the kitchen. I had purchased it at Cash and Carry for freezing luncheon meat and cheese slices.

This paper is relatively inexpensive, at $6.29 for 1000 sheets. You can also purchase the bakery sheets, which are not as thick. They cost less, approximately $4 for 1000 sheets.

I was pleased to be able to use a product that I already had on hand rather than have to go out and buy tracing paper. Of course, the small size of the sheets does limit their use.

I hope this tip is useful to other crafters.

What a smart idea! Thanks for the suggestion - it's always good to be reminded that we often have something else around that can stand in for the thing we need.