Salmon Patty Recipes

It's trendy to call salmon patties burgers now, and to charge a fin and a gill for them, but I'll stick with patties. This recipe is very economical and very easy. Adding potatoes and oats really stretches the salmon, and makes them a bit milder tasting - and it's easier to get kids to eat them! If you plan to have leftover mashed potatoes on hand, it makes these even easier to whip up when you need a fast, easy, and nutritious meal. The real twist here is that you bake the patties in a muffin tin, really reducing the fat and making them even healthier. I make a big batch and freeze some.

• 2 cans salmon, drained. Pick the bones and skin out
  • 2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 1 cup mashed potatoes
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/3 cup finely minced onions
  • 1 - 2 tsp. lemon pepper or seasoning of choice
  • 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tsp. lemon juice

Directions:

Mix everything but the salmon in a bowl and let it soak into the oats for 5 minutes. Mix the salmon in thoroughly, but gently.

Spray 18 muffin cups (I'm lucky, I have a 12 cups tin and a 6 cups tin, so it works out perfectly) with baking spray. Fill each one just to the top with salmon mixture.

Bake at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes.

Servings: 9 - 18
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes

By Free2B from North Royalton, OH

16 More Solutions

Tips and recipes for making salmon patties from the ThriftyFun community. Post your own below.

These are also extremely good, easy and quick to fix!

This recipe is a family favorite. It's great for evenings when I'm pressed for time and want to put a good meal on the table quickly. I just add a couple of vegetables as sides to the patties, and I have a meal in about 30 minutes.

Until I made these, I had not had any good salmon cakes since being diagnosed with Celiac disease 9 years ago. This time, I used gluten free bagels for thickening and they turned out to be delicious. They are flavorful and crunchy, just like I like them. When I make these, I freeze the leftovers and heat them for another meal or just when I'm craving one.

Salmon Cake on dinner plate

My mom used to make these regularly when I was growing up. Love these! Very simple and not expensive to make.

I learned to love salmon at a very young age. We ate salmon a lot when I was a kid. These burgers are truly a great recipe!

Drain salmon, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Discard salmon bones and skin. In a bowl, combine the salmon, egg, flour and dill; mix well. Stir baking powder into the reserved juice; add to the salmon mixture.

Place salmon and liquid in a large bowl. Remove skin and center bone and discard. Add remaining salmon patty ingredients and thoroughly combine. Shape mixture into 12 patties.

Recipe for Inside Out Bacon Cheddar Salmon Patty. Ahead of time fry your bacon pieces slow as frying slow makes the flavor much better. Slice up cheddar cheese of your choice from the bar cheese size. . .

In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients, mixing well and shape into burgers (mixture will be moist). Recipe says to grill them till brown. (I used a nonstick pan w/ very little oil.) Serve on hamburger buns. Makes 4 burgers.

Are there any good salmon patty recipes?

By Pamela M

Answers

One can pink salmon
one fourth cup finely chopped celery
one forth cup finely chopped onion
one egg
one half cup crushed crackers
one tsp salt and pepper
Mix and scoop up some in your hand and make a patty. Holding the patty on one hand sprinkle a good portion of corn meal on the top then turn and do the other side. Place in a skillet of hot oil and when one side is brown turn them over. These are wonderful.

Zesty Salmon Burgers
1 can (14.75 oz) salmon, drained, skin and bones removed
2 eggs
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup mayo
1 - 2 Tbsp horseradish
1 Tbsp diced pimientos, optional
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp butter or margarine
4 buns
lettuce leaves

Combine the first 9 ingredients; mix well. Shape into 4 patties. In a skillet over med heat, cook patties in butter until browned, about 6 minutes. Serve on rolls with lettuce.

This is a Taste of Home receipe I've been using for several years. Yummy!

My recipe is not as elaborate as the two before me. To a can of salmon, I add crackers or bread crumbs, diced onion, egg and a little bit of milk to the consistency to hold it all together. I fry mine in bacon grease until they are nice and brown on both sides. Yummy~!

Answer this Question

These delicious salmon patties are made with canned salmon and a few other ingredients. They are full of flavor and easy to make. This page contains a cornmeal salmon patties recipe.

Salmon Patties on a blue plate with greens.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Salmon is the main ingredient for making these delicious fish patties. This page contains a recipe for super special salmon patties.

Salmon patty burger.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Try adding cottage cheese to canned or leftover salmon to make delicious patties. This is a page about making salmon patties using cottage cheese.

Salmon cakes in a cast iron pan.

This is a page about fried salmon patties. Stretch a can of salmon with other ingredients to make delicious fried patties for dinner.

2 Fried salmon patties with a wedge of lime and a cob of corn.

Load More
Food and Recipes Recipes SeafoodOctober 2, 2012
🌻
🐰
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Salmon-Patty-Recipes.html