Super Special Salmon Patties Recipe

Category Fish
Salmon is the main ingredient for making these delicious fish patties. This guide contains a recipe for super special salmon patties.

This recipe tastes like a little bite of heaven! It's also very healthy - the fish is full of omega-3s, and the canola oil is heart-healthy. I believe substituting Ritz crackers for the usual saltines is what gives the dish its extra-special flavor. I've also used bran flakes in a pinch, but it wasn't THIS good, lol! Makes 10-12 patties.

Directions:

In large mixing bowl, thoroughly blend by hand, first five ingredients. (I literally use my hand to mix - messy, but it works better for me). Adjust proportions of milk and crackers as needed. You want a very moist mixture, but one that will hold together to form good patties. A little more milk makes mix lighter.

Preheat oil over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles when dropped in.

Form hamburger-sized patties, flatten. Smaller patties work and make more, if you prefer. Fry until golden brown on the outside and cooked through. (Sorry, I don't have a time estimate, hubby did this step.)

Serve hot with your choice of side dishes. Enjoy!

By Lelia Jo Cordell from Springfield, OH

Top Comment

Canned salmon is always "wild" too, never farm-grown, so you'll be getting the best fish possible when you use the
canned salmon. Unless things have recently changed, this is still true.

Jo, your recipe sounds wonderful, and even though I've made salmon cakes forever and we had them about once a week when I was growing up, I've never used Ritz crackers in my mixture. I can't wait to try it now. We like several
things made with Ritz better than plain saltines, so it sounds like a really good idea.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Julia / Pookarina

Top Comment

Ritz crackers huh? Sounds like a good substitute for the saltines so I'll give them a try.

I think I'd like these fish patties made with salmon, tuna or jack mackeral. Now, I'm wondering if the mackeral is wild too. Probably is since it used to be a more economical canned fish.

Thank you Jo for an excellent recipe.

Suziq9

Anonymous

I am going to definitely give this a try JPJ! I don't have any canned salmon on hand and no extra food money for almost two weeks but do have the Ritz crackers and other ingredients and some Albacore tuna in a pouch. Do you think that Albacore would work as well?

Deeli, I've never thought to try making tuna patties, but of course you can try it. Let us all know how it turns out, k?
And Pookarina, I'd forgotten about the dietary benefits of salmon until I was watching Sunday House Call on the Fox News Channel last Sunday. Deeli, just FYI, tuna is a wild fish and packed with omega 3s too.

Hugs to you both!