Canned Salmon Over Rice

Category Fish
Canned salmon is a frugal alternative to fresh fish and is available any season. Just add rice to make a quick and nourishing main dish. This is a guide about serving canned salmon over rice.

Here you will find a great 30 minute meal using canned salmon. Great for one of those cans you may have forgotten about. Use one can for two people. This makes a nutritious meal.

Prep Time: 10 mins

Cook Time: 20 min

Total Time: 30 mins

Yield: 2 people

Source: myself

• 1 pinch garlic powder
  • 1 pinch dried onion
  • 3 pinch complete seasoning
  • 2 pinch seasoning salt
  • 1 tsp butter
  • 1 tsp oil

1. I cooked it in the rice cooker prior to making the salmon. I used Jasmine rice.
  2. Open the salmon can and dump it on a plate. Remove the bones and soft skin. Keep the water from the can.
  3. Drop the salmon meat in your pan. You can use what ever you have on hand for spices. I used complete seasoning, garlic powder, and dried onion pieces. I also used MSG, but most people don't.
  4. Heat it on high to about 2 minutes. Add a drop of oil and a dab of butter. The butter will cream up the liquid, and the oil will keep your food moist.
  5. Ad

6. Turn it down to med-hi for it to all blend together. When done serve over rice.

Top Comment

Looks like I will be using my "forgotten" can of salmon soon.
Thanks

That will be great for you to do.