Canned Salmon Over Rice
Canned salmon is a frugal alternative to fresh fish and is available any season. Just add rice to make a quick and nourishing main dish. This is a page about serving canned salmon over rice
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here you will find a great 30 minute meal using canned salmon. Great for one of those cans you may have forgotten about. Use one can for two people. This makes a nutritious meal.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 mins
Yield: 2 people
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch dried onion
- 3 pinch complete seasoning
- 2 pinch seasoning salt
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp oil
- I cooked it in the rice cooker prior to making the salmon. I used Jasmine rice.
- Open the salmon can and dump it on a plate. Remove the bones and soft skin. Keep the water from the can.
- Drop the salmon meat in your pan. You can use what ever you have on hand for spices. I used complete seasoning, garlic powder, and dried onion pieces. I also used MSG, but most people don't.
- Heat it on high to about 2 minutes. Add a drop of oil and a dab of butter. The butter will cream up the liquid, and the oil will keep your food moist.
- Turn it down to med-hi for it to all blend together. When done serve over rice.
February 16, 20172 found this helpful
Looks like I will be using my "forgotten" can of salmon soon.
February 16, 20170 found this helpful
That will be great for you to do.
August 9, 20190 found this helpful
I'm trying this today