Replacing Foam Earbud Covers

Category Other
These very, small headphones can suffer a lot of wear. The foam ear cushion may need to be restored. This guide is about replacing foam earbud covers.

Missing foam earbud covers? Remember the old foam hair curlers that clip into place? Remove the foam curler from the clip and use scissors or a craft knife to slice off the size foam pad you want. It already has a hole in the middle so it slips right over whatever size ear bud/headset stem you have. Cut up a few and have some handy! For best sizing, use the smallest curlers. Fits right in the ear canal.

By inletseaster from Murrells Inlet, SC

This seems so simple but I'm having the darnedest time! I lost the foam cover that goes on an "earbud" style (in the ear) headset for the phone. I can't seem to find any place that sells just the cover, so I'd have to replace the whole thing when I just need a small piece of foam. This really seems like a waste!

I tried Wal-Mart, RadioShack, and Staples. Any ideas? Your thoughts are much appreciated!

Todd from WI

Answers

I know I've bought those ... maybe at a dollar store?? If I think of it, I'll get back to you.

By Ann (Guest Post)

Try the dollar store. They sell the entire earpiece, so you can just use the part you want.

call the company and see if they will send you some free of charge.

try any place that sells helmets for motorcycles we go thru them alot

By Becki in Indiana (Guest Post)

contact the manufacturer and ask the cost to buy a replacement. Odds are, they will send you one for free! Be sure to tell them how pleased you are with their product .....

Thank you all for the helpful feedback!

By (Guest Post)

google it. thats how i found it

By (Guest Post)

the Verizon phone store has good quality ones in a 5 pack for something like $3