Homemade Car Seat Covers

I found our leather seats so cold during the winter, and when I wore shorts or a dress in the summer, I stuck to the seat. Ouch! You can buy seat covers, but they are quite a pain to put on and take off. I came up with an inexpensive, very comfy solution, memory foam bath mats. You can get them at most department or bath stores in various colours and sizes, but I got this one at Walmart.

They are on sale often at Walmart. I got mine for $8.99. If you have wide seats like our truck, you can lay it sideways across the seat. If you have a narrow seat (like my car does) you can put it with the length from front to back. I tuck some of the excess in the crack between my seat back and seat. You have to work at getting it to go in between, but once it's there, it stays very securely. Being machine washable is a bonus! These are so soft and comfortable, you won't be sorry if you give these a try.

By ann from Goulais River, Ontario

6 More Solutions

With several dogs in and out of my car several times a week, I needed something to protect the front seats from their rubbing fur and other stuff onto the upholstery. Seat covers were absurdly expensive so I now use the cheapest t-shirts I can find or use old ones.

Here's an a-ha use for a white fitted bassinet sheet your child has outgrown: cover her dark car seat with it (while the car is parked) to keep it cool! A bassinet sheet fits nicely over a bigger kid's seat.

For the last forty years, I have used old jeans to make seat covers for my car seats. They will cover a multitude of dirt, rips, etc. and are easy to remove and wash.

My husband has been having trouble with his lower back and trying out various pillows and so on to support his back in the car. Finally, he tried using a piece of foam packing material which has worked fine and cost nothing

I am looking for a pattern to make a new cover for my child's toddler car seat and booster seat.

By caseyjo_owens from Claypool, IN

Answers

Your best bet may be to use the old car set cover to make a pattern. If you dont have the old cover check with friends to see if they have a set cover you can borrow to make a pattern with.

Answer this Question

I am looking for a free pattern for a infant/toddler car seat cover? Any one with any ideas?

Consumer Advice CarsJune 17, 2012
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Homemade-Car-Seat-Covers.html