CatsPets

Younger Cat Aggressive to Older Cat and Urinating Everywhere

I have 3 fixed cats, 1 older male, an older female, and a 4 year old problem. Runt Head has pushed around and picked on my older female cat to the point where she won't go past the kitchen. She can no longer visit me in the family room or my bedroom.

Runt Head pees in the burners of my electric stove top, the top of the washing machine, my husband's tools, my husband's computer room, and the litter box.

I don't know when each cat eats, (and my older female can only eat when Runt Head is out of the house), so I have dry food out all day. My older cats have trim, cat like figures, Runt Head is a big fat cat. She has major attitude and bites without provocation.

I don't want her to go to the pound, but the peeing in the stove is disgusting and my husband will no put up with it any more. Isn't this odd behavior for a female fixed cat?

The only new addition is a 2 yr. old, but Runt Head was peeing on the stove way before she came into the picture. Otherwise, there is nothing new going on. I wouldn't think she is stressed, since she spends so much time stressing out my older cat. What do I do with Runt Head?

By Alice from Cleveland, TN

I have an eight year old fixed female cat (plus two male fixed cats -- fourteen years old and one year old). She has never done anything like this.

Runt Head is four years old, correct? And she was doing this before you had your two year old daughter, yes? So when do you think Runt Head started this behavior?

If you haven't already, you should consult with Runt Head's vet before getting rid of her. This has been going on for quite some time, but the vet can check Runt Head to see if there are any underlying medical conditions, and maybe give you some advice.

I hope you find a good solution. Best of luck!

Anonymous

My goodness! Just how long has this been going on? When the two year old arrived did the problem get worse or stay the same? And is the two year old a human or a feline? And when did the two year old arrive?

You should take Runt Head to the vet for a wellness check and especially since so fat when the others are normal. There most definitely could be an underlying health problem. And I can't help but ask if you talk to or treat this cat differently than the others and it's rebelling for extra sweet human touch and attention? At this point Runt head is probably definitely unhappy and animals can sense you feelings towards them.