Freezing And Using Pumpkin
Here are some tips for freezing and using pumpkin.
- Pumpkin can be peeled cut in cubes and blanched in water, cooled and packed in ziplock bags to freeze.
- You can make pumpkin soup, packed in containers. When you want to eat, thaw and microwave or heat on stove and eat.
- For roasts, pierce with a knife and put in a pot of boiling water and let it cook for few minutes and cool. When you want to use, cut and add to your roast and heat.
- You can cut in cubes, steam and sprinkle with brown sugar and eat. You can use in potjie*, in stew or even in vegetable curries.
- Use in pies after steaming.
By Dorty from SA
*Potjie pots are cast iron Dutch ovens from Africa.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 21, 2017 at 9:20:05 AM on 10.0.2.252 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us