Freezing And Using Pumpkin
Here are some tips for freezing and using pumpkin.
- Pumpkin can be peeled cut in cubes and blanched in water, cooled and packed in ziplock bags to freeze.
- You can make pumpkin soup, packed in containers. When you want to eat, thaw and microwave or heat on stove and eat.
- For roasts, pierce with a knife and put in a pot of boiling water and let it cook for few minutes and cool. When you want to use, cut and add to your roast and heat.
- You can cut in cubes, steam and sprinkle with brown sugar and eat. You can use in potjie*, in stew or even in vegetable curries.
- Use in pies after steaming.
By Dorty from SA
*Potjie pots are cast iron Dutch ovens from Africa.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 20, 2017 at 5:14:16 PM on 10.0.1.199 in 999 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us