Freezing And Using Pumpkin
Here are some tips for freezing and using pumpkin.
- Pumpkin can be peeled cut in cubes and blanched in water, cooled and packed in ziplock bags to freeze.
- You can make pumpkin soup, packed in containers. When you want to eat, thaw and microwave or heat on stove and eat.
- For roasts, pierce with a knife and put in a pot of boiling water and let it cook for few minutes and cool. When you want to use, cut and add to your roast and heat.
- You can cut in cubes, steam and sprinkle with brown sugar and eat. You can use in potjie*, in stew or even in vegetable curries.
- Use in pies after steaming.
By Dorty from SA
*Potjie pots are cast iron Dutch ovens from Africa.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 21, 2016 at 1:09:23 AM on 10.0.2.212 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us