Making Lamps with Material

I'm looking for some help on making lamps from material. I recently saw them at a craft show. I thought I had it figured out but I'm wrong. They used an electric candle light. like the welcome lights you see in the windows of houses. I know they attached the candle base on a block, wrapped material around the bottom about half way up the candle. I thought they used fiber fill to make the material look puffy. I tried fiber fill but it made it look lop sided so that didn't work for me. Does any one have any idea how they're made?

Connie from Windsor, PA

maybe they used the quilters batting that comes in sheets which comes in differant lofts of thickness.

I found this website it shows how to make a lamp from fabric.

Robin - Thanks for that link. Not sure if this is what the OP was looking for, but I think I'll try it=-) Boy, did I get sucked into that website! Another great site I'd never have found w/o ThriftyFun!!

Crafts AdviceOctober 18, 2007
Two pumpkin and one skull light.
Making Halloween Lamps
Drying Out a Sweating Salt Lamp
Drying Out a Sweating Salt Lamp
Lava Lamp
Uses for an Old Lava Lamp
Effusion Lamps
Making Oil for Effusion Lamps