Choosing the Right Indoor Plants

My living room is long and doesn't have a whole lot of light. I need a few tall plants that are affordable, are low light, and are okay with a little neglect. I'm new to the whole gardening thing, and I need more life in my living room!

Any suggestions?

By Megan from Perry, FL

Your best bet is to go to your local garden centre and ask these questions. They can give you great suggestions regarding care, sunlight required, and so much more. I always ask these questions and normally my plants all do well.

Best of luck.

Also do a search in google to see what are really good plants to have around for air purification, health and so much more. Myself I love the spider plant for air purification.

Philodendron meets your qualificantions and so does a plant called "Mother-in-laws Tongue" (also known as Sword Plant) both hold up to a bit of neglect, drought and low light.

Suggestions for Indoor Plants
Home and Garden Gardening House PlantsMay 4, 2011
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
Closeup of hen and chicks.
Choosing the Right Groundcover
Renewing Vows in a Wedding Dress
Choosing a Dress to Renew Your Vows
Choosing a Stroller
Tips on Choosing a Stroller