Reviews Of Wide Mouth Thermoses

My honey has requested taking soups, stews, etc. with him to work. He is a carpenter, and here in Vermont it gets below zero. Does anyone have a suggestion on the best wide mouth type thermos to keep foods hot?

Jill from Rutland, VT

Aladdin/Stanley makes a stainless steel wide mouth thermos, which are virtually indestructable. You can buy some real nice ones on eBay, but make sure that the seller doesn't gouge you on shipping costs.

The Aladdin or Stanley brand will cost a bit more money, but it is well worth it. I can pack hot meals in my husbands thermos at 5 AM and he says by lunchtime it is still hot. One thing though, before adding something hot to his thermos, I fill it with hot water to heat the thermos inside.

Since he is a carpenter, you might both read up on hot boxes, straw box cookers, hay cookers and fire less cookers, all different names for the same thing. He could make one with a handle, and extra insulation (google has lots on them), and hooks or clips on side to keep lid on. I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a small market for them too.

L.L. Bean sells wide mouth metal thermoses. They are great (like all the Bean stuff). We have one that is over 30 years old and still is working. I find the metal thermoses work the best for hot stuff.

I would also like to suggest a metal thermos. I have had hot coffee in a metal thermos left in the trunk of my car for 24 hours at 40 below, and it still was warm -- okay not hot, but still drinkable. Metal is worth the extra cost. Also, they are virtually indestructible. My ex ran over his metal thermos with the cultivator, and it is still keeping things hot. It does have a bit of a dent.

Thank you everyone for all the feed back. I am on the look out for a low price on either a Aladdin/Stanley!

Hi ever hear of a thermos that you pour the contents in 10 minutes before you eat and plug it in, similar to a percolator plug. I work in a nursing home and can buy my meals there, with all those extra calories suited for seniors, I bring my own "leftovers" or soups because this works so nice and quick. It is called Hot Shot by Norelco. One thing though, I advise you to practice at home first, it heated up my chicken soup so fast that the soup boiled over and covered the counter at work, I thought someone spilled orange juice and just left it! When I realized it was mine I was embarrassed!

Oops, I meant Hot Stuff by Norelco, I said Hot Shot, sorry.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Food and DrinkOctober 10, 2008
Cleaning a Retainer
Cleaning a Retainer
A woman in pain wearing dentures.
Remedies for Pain from Wearing Dentures
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
woman covering her mouth
Home Remedies for Sjogren's Syndrome
🎄