Clothing StainsCleaning

All Small and Mighty Leaving Blue Stains

We have been using All Small and Mighty for several years. Every once in a while (not even once a month) a blue stain gets on the clothes and a blue film in the washer. Any ideas as to the cause?

Cheryl

I use All as well and have not had this problem. I always put the detergent in the water BEFORE putting clothes in. I never put detergent directly on the clothes.

Do you use Fabric Softener that is blue ??

Sometimes I have noticed that the fabric softener will cause blue spots on clothing.

My hubby takes off the part of the agitator that the fabric softener goes into, and cleans it. Seems Fabric Softeners have an ingredient similar to a wax.

And after a while, the wax builds up. When the openings are covered with this waxy build up, the fabric softener doesn't disperse correctly. And it makes blotches and circles on clothing.

This may not be the cause for you, but cleaning that part of the agitator makes it work better for several months.

He just uses lots of hot running water, to clean it. And an old toothbrush too. Sometimes it has to sit a while in very hot water to soften the waxy build up.

Hope this helps !

I've never had that issue. I know that brand has a dye-free/perfume-free type. Maybe you should go with that instead?

I have not used this particular product, however, I always measure the liquid in the lid, then hold it under the stream of water that fills the washing machine. By doing that, I am immediately beginning to dilute the liquid laundry soap, and am also cleaning the measuring cap, so I don't wind up with soap residue in the cap. Depending on how you store your detergent, the measuring cap may need to be wiped dry, as it will be wet from the washing machines running water.