Dance Theme Ideas

Planning a dance is easier once you have decided on a theme. This is a guide about dance theme ideas.

High School Dance
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Can anyone please suggest to me some simple, yet attention grabbing, dance themes with a meaningful message for 3 year old children?

By Deepika

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

They are three. They don't know what a theme is nor a message. But babies like to count up to their age. Find some music that is in 3/4 time. Then do every thing in groups of three. 3 crackers on each of their plates. 3 cracker sized pieces of cheese to one side. Let them put the cheese on the crackers as they count to 3. Get 3 balloons for each baby (not the floating ones.) Put them in a closed off spot but where they can reach them on the floor.

Let each baby go and get 3 balloons, one at a time, bring it to you, so you can tie a string to it. Then they can drag them around in a circle over the carpet while "Dancing" 3 times in one direction, then switching. Put a coffee table in the center or footstool to dance around. When you serve cake cut each of their pieces in to 3 smaller pieces. Use a small spoon to make 3 small scoops of ice cream on each plate. = 1 regular scoop. 3 small balls to play with. Sit on the floor in a circle, push all balls across floor. Any other "groups of three" will work.

Best Answer

I think "sharing" would be a simple enough theme for three-year-olds to understand and portray. It could be fun if you used colorful props they could share (i.e., hand to each other) during the dance. Maybe you can make very cheap tissue paper and pipe cleaner flowers they could even share with the audience at the end of the dance. These cost pennies, take only 30 seconds to make, and are very colorful (or they could be made in a color complementing the childrens' outfits).

I am homeschooled with a big group. We've had several past dances; all failed because of dresscode and decorations. This year we're thinking of a black and white themed dance. Any suggestions to make this actually good?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you want B& W theme...why not REQUIRE the kids wear white or very light colors and use black lights in a major part of the room? Might be wild and quirky!

If I held a B&W themed event I would show some old cool B&W movies in one corner and ask the kids to dress as their favorite STARS...the other kids might have to guess who they are portraying. Winner gets a small prize?

This might be a good event around Halloween!

I'd serve b&w drinks and food too..(chocolate/vanilla shakes or floats, hard boiled eggs, white cheddar macaroni salad with black olives,....you get the idea just do some research for black and white foods online yourself) Of course look for songs that highlight either black and white or Opposites.

Hope you all have fun!

I need some ideas for a May 4th 6th-8th grade dance theme. I don't want Cinco de Mayo. Also, what could we incorprate into the dance?

Nikki from Sacramento

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I own and operate my own DJ biz and I do a lot of school dances, I buy cheap beach balls and throw them into the crowd as the kids are dancing, It's fun to see how long they will stay in the air. I also throw out about 150 glow bracelets into the crowd (not all at once of course) the kids love the glow bracelets and they are cheaper than the glow necklaces. I try to find the beach balls in the school colors!

Read More Answers...

I am part of the Eighth grade social committee and the eighth grade has voted on the theme and they have decided to have a Moonlight theme. if anyone has any ideas that we could use please post them. Those ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Courtney - Maine

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

We need a valentines theme but we cant think of nothing and the deadlines in 4-5 weeks and were out of idea HELP!

Read More Answers...

I am hosting our 6th grade dance and I need some ideas for the theme of the dance.

By Sandra F

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try an around the world& traveling dance! or a glow in the dark funk dance! Try not to do something to lovey Dovey cause it will make the kids feel awkward.

Read More Answers...

My school has a winter formal each year, but no one goes with dates, it's more of everyone dancing and having a great time. I was wondering if anyone had ideas for a theme? I've found that a lot of themes are too romantic to fit the dance. I was thinking more of using a song for a theme, like one that people get pumped about when they hear it and want to start dancing, but I can't think of a song. Or, a fun theme like "Roaring 20s". Any ideas of a non-romantic, but still fun theme? I'm open to any suggestions!

Thanks!
    Caitlin from Burlington, VT

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

sock hop is good...or depending on where you live and what kind of music you like--you could go all out on line dance themes--countyr, electric slide, etc.--its for sure a dance where there are no partners!

Read More Answers...

I am looking for specific ideas for an 8th grade end-of-middle school dance. We have decided on a Star theme - under the stars, or wish upon a star. I want to use metallic color balloons. Otherwise, we don't really know what to do. All you creative people in this group, can you help with ideas? Especially with how to make giant stars, and how to use them in decor?

I love reading tips here and have used many of them. Thanks.

Tere from Austin, TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Take a net give it a chubby star shape and fill it with gold balloons!

Read More Answers...

I am on the committee for my Junior High school's dance. We are having trouble deciding on a theme. We would appreciate your suggestions.

Gavriel

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Decades dances are always popular with that age group. They can dress up in outfits of the decade you choose. Plus, it's really easy to decorate. Add some colorful streamers and some records/plastic beads/tie die/disco balls, depending on the decade you choose. Mix in a little retro music with more current stuff.

Read More Answers...

Hi, I'm supposed to be in charge of decorating our school's Homecoming this Fall, well along with my partner of course. We're the Decorations commissioners of our ASB so, yeah, it's pretty much our job. Well, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or tips on decorating a "Dancing Through Time"/"Dancing Through Decades" type dance. A couple of our ideas were possibly making it kind of black and white, and very vintage looking, or with very bold colors also making it look vintage. Our goal is to go BIG and make it something our school has never seen before. We have a pretty big budget to work from this year, so we're taking it up a notch. We really need help, and I'm open to new ideas! THANK YOU!

Michelle from San Diego, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Take a camera a projector and a giant screen less cardboard antique TV put the projector in the TV put a large white canvas screen in the TV then hook up the camera to the projector and set it to record the dance floor and play it on the screen in b and w.

Read More Answers...

We're having a jungle/safari themed dance. How should we decorate it?

TT92 from Ottawa, On

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would see if any parents can lend you palm trees that they may have potted in their gardens. Clusters of them throughout the hall will give a tropical jungle feel. Failing that, maybe hire some from office supply stores?

Read More Answers...

I'm the student council president at my school and I was wondering if anyone had any decorating ideas for a classic christmas themed semi formal dance.

Thanks,
    J MAC from Courtice, Ontario

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Yesterday '12-12-08' we had a Winter Wonderland Dance at our school cafeteria at Arizona Desert Elementary School.It was so cool that we had ALL kinds of music.We already had a Hollywood Dance at our school but it was really boring. In our dance we had a snowman,2 reindeer, and a sign that said Northpole---------->

Our dance was the best.We might have another dance next month!

Read More Answers...

I am chairing the high school's Winterball which is a step up from a Homecoming. We need to incorporate snowflakes and stars. What should the title of our theme be?

By M

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Magical Winter's Eve... Good Luck!

I am looking for a dance theme, which is basically "Colors of Celebration" and I am blank on this. Please help. It's a banking organisation and we are looking for maximum participation. Which involves higher levels too.

By Glory

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Green, black, white, silver and gold....and paper that has the texture/look of bills.

I need dance theme ideas. I'm president of student council and yearbook. We always have dances and I need to come up with themes.

By Josifer

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Best to start with a list of recent themes already used, like within the last 4 or 5 years so you don't reuse any themes too soon. How about some based on movies like American Graffitti, Grease, Stomp etc. U could also try some based on eras like the Roaring Twenties, Prohibition era, Dirty Thirties(maybe all attendees for that one could bring food for a food bank or something) There is also themes based on classic disney themes and animation of all kinds.

Read More Answers...

This year I am in charge of decorating the Grade 8's dance. We chose a beach theme, but my partner in crime and I are having a few obstacles with trying to have the gym looking good. Since this is basically a graduation dance, we would like to make it really fun and would like the setting to look quite impressive. Any beach-themed decorating ideas would be VERY helpful.

Thanks,
    Alice

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am trying to get ideas on how to decorate my front windows for my tanning salon. Can you help me?

Read More Answers...

I'm on the student council of my school. My friend and I want to do a circus/carnival themed dance. We need games for the dance that are not childish. And we need some fun games that high school kids would like. Also, what kind of foods could we have?

Is it a good idea to require students to buy tickets to play the games, just like in a real circus/carnival? What kind of prizes should we have for all the winners?

By lalala from dfghjk

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

By the way, you can rent a hot dog machine, snow cone machine and cotton candy machine.

Read More Answers...

Our school dance is in 2 weeks, we already have a DJ and all that stuff. We just need a dance theme to work with, it's 9-12th grade and alumni, we want it to be a casual wear, no date dance. Any ideas?

By Lisa from UT

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Dancin' through the Decades! Any era can be represented by the dress and hairstyles-Should be fun!Gives everyone a chance to dress up in the style of the time they wish they could have (or DID) live in.

Greasy hair and rolled up jeans and poodle skirts 50's

Hippie tie dye and peace symbols 60's

Polyester everything (OMG-flashbacks-no! no!) 70's

Big big hair and shoulder pads 80's

Just to name a few.

Read More Answers...

We would like to have a western dance, but don't have a theme.Can you help?

AnswerMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Load More
    Holidays and Parties Parties School DancesApril 3, 2013
    daddy daughter dance ideas
    Planning a Daddy Daughter Dance
    Smiling Woman in Belly Dance Costume
    Making a Belly Dancer Costume
    3 girls at a homecoming dance.
    Homecoming Dance Ideas
    How to Belly Dance, Beautiful Bealldancer
    How to Belly Dance
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 9:45:42 PM on 10.0.1.22 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.