Browsing: Dance Theme Ideas

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Dance Theme Ideas

Planning a dance is easier once you have decided on a theme. This is a guide about dance theme ideas.

High School Dance
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 25, 2012 Flag

Can anyone please suggest to me some simple, yet attention grabbing, dance themes with a meaningful message for 3 year old children?

By Deepika

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

They are three. They don't know what a theme is nor a message. But babies like to count up to their age. Find some music that is in 3/4 time. Then do every thing in groups of three. 3 crackers on each of their plates. 3 cracker sized pieces of cheese to one side. Let them put the cheese on the crackers as they count to 3. Get 3 balloons for each baby (not the floating ones.) Put them in a closed off spot but where they can reach them on the floor.

Let each baby go and get 3 balloons, one at a time, bring it to you, so you can tie a string to it. Then they can drag them around in a circle over the carpet while "Dancing" 3 times in one direction, then switching. Put a coffee table in the center or footstool to dance around. When you serve cake cut each of their pieces in to 3 smaller pieces. Use a small spoon to make 3 small scoops of ice cream on each plate. = 1 regular scoop. 3 small balls to play with. Sit on the floor in a circle, push all balls across floor. Any other "groups of three" will work.

Best Answer

I think "sharing" would be a simple enough theme for three-year-olds to understand and portray. It could be fun if you used colorful props they could share (i.e., hand to each other) during the dance. Maybe you can make very cheap tissue paper and pipe cleaner flowers they could even share with the audience at the end of the dance. These cost pennies, take only 30 seconds to make, and are very colorful (or they could be made in a color complementing the childrens' outfits).

March 1, 2005 Flag

I am part of the Eighth grade social committee and the eighth grade has voted on the theme and they have decided to have a Moonlight theme. if anyone has any ideas that we could use please post them. Those ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Courtney - Maine

Ok. Well I'm the STUCO president and our last dance we did a night under the stars so...

We need a valentines theme but we cant think of nothing and the deadlines in 4-5 weeks and were out of idea HELP!

Read More Answers...

August 26, 2015 Flag

I am homeschooled with a big group. We've had several past dances; all failed because of dresscode and decorations. This year we're thinking of a black and white themed dance. Any suggestions to make this actually good?

If you want B& W theme...why not REQUIRE the kids wear white or very light colors and use black lights in a major part of the room? Might be wild and quirky!

If I held a B&W themed event I would show some old cool B&W movies in one corner and ask the kids to dress as their favorite STARS...the other kids might have to guess who they are portraying. Winner gets a small prize?

This might be a good event around Halloween!

I'd serve b&w drinks and food too..(chocolate/vanilla shakes or floats, hard boiled eggs, white cheddar macaroni salad with black olives,....you get the idea just do some research for black and white foods online yourself) Of course look for songs that highlight either black and white or Opposites.

Hope you all have fun!

September 24, 2013 Flag

I am hosting our 6th grade dance and I need some ideas for the theme of the dance.

By Sandra F

I have hosted three sixth grade dances and these are some of the themes we considered.

-Glow Party- use black lights and have everyone dress in white

-Winter Whiteout- decorate everything in white and have people come in white

-Red Carpet- Roll out a red carpet and decorate with golden stars

-80's- have everyone come in 80's attire

-Under the Sea- Decorate with star fish, fish, seaweed, etc.

-Prince and Princess- decorate like it's a castle and have everyone come in dressed like their fave prince or princess

Hope this helped :)

Try an around the world& traveling dance! or a glow in the dark funk dance! Try not to do something to lovey Dovey cause it will make the kids feel awkward.

September 19, 2007 Flag

My school has a winter formal each year, but no one goes with dates, it's more of everyone dancing and having a great time. I was wondering if anyone had ideas for a theme? I've found that a lot of themes are too romantic to fit the dance. I was thinking more of using a song for a theme, like one that people get pumped about when they hear it and want to start dancing, but I can't think of a song. Or, a fun theme like "Roaring 20s". Any ideas of a non-romantic, but still fun theme? I'm open to any suggestions!

Thanks!
Caitlin from Burlington, VT

do like a beauty and the geek theme. thats what we did for morp last year and it was absolutely HILARIOUS. in our group the boys were the geeks and the girls were the beauties. we got SO many compliments. but you could tell people to dress up as either one.

sock hop is good...or depending on where you live and what kind of music you like--you could go all out on line dance themes--countyr, electric slide, etc.--its for sure a dance where there are no partners!

Read More Answers...

April 22, 2007 Flag

I am looking for specific ideas for an 8th grade end-of-middle school dance. We have decided on a Star theme - under the stars, or wish upon a star. I want to use metallic color balloons. Otherwise, we don't really know what to do. All you creative people in this group, can you help with ideas? Especially with how to make giant stars, and how to use them in decor?

I love reading tips here and have used many of them. Thanks.

Tere from Austin, TX

Well as a student myself I think that you making a theme for your dance is great. Our dances were always boring theme-less and just hot sweaty kids in the cafeteria. Cardboard and foam is stuff easy to manipulate into shapes. You should use spotlights instead of just the light. and dances are funner when its "dim"

Take a net give it a chubby star shape and fill it with gold balloons!

Read More Answers...

August 6, 2007 Flag

Hi, I'm supposed to be in charge of decorating our school's Homecoming this Fall, well along with my partner of course. We're the Decorations commissioners of our ASB so, yeah, it's pretty much our job. Well, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or tips on decorating a "Dancing Through Time"/"Dancing Through Decades" type dance. A couple of our ideas were possibly making it kind of black and white, and very vintage looking, or with very bold colors also making it look vintage. Our goal is to go BIG and make it something our school has never seen before. We have a pretty big budget to work from this year, so we're taking it up a notch. We really need help, and I'm open to new ideas! THANK YOU!

Michelle from San Diego, CA

Hi Michelle, I see that there are a lot of great ideas coming in for you and your project! If you have a large budget maybe you can rent (or borrow) some mannequins to use as props. Dress them accordingly and place them around the gym with some of the other props. Maybe you could use some special lighting to show off each area.

Like using the juke box and have a female in a poodle skirt. Maybe a guy and girl in a dance pose. I hope that you get what I'm trying to say. God Bless!

Take a camera a projector and a giant screen less cardboard antique TV put the projector in the TV put a large white canvas screen in the TV then hook up the camera to the projector and set it to record the dance floor and play it on the screen in b and w.

Read More Answers...

December 17, 2008 Flag

I am on the committee for my Junior High school's dance. We are having trouble deciding on a theme. We would appreciate your suggestions.

Load More
Holidays and Parties Parties School DancesApril 3, 2013
daddy daughter dance ideas
Planning a Daddy Daughter Dance
Smiling Woman in Belly Dance Costume
Making a Belly Dancer Costume
3 girls at a homecoming dance.
Homecoming Dance Ideas
How to Belly Dance, Beautiful Bealldancer
How to Belly Dance
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 23, 2016 at 3:03:28 PM on 10.0.2.241 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.