How Do I Get Rid of Germs in My Mouth?

How can I clean my teeth to get rid of germs?

By Pintu from India

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

My dentist just told me to brush with baking soda & a few drops of peroxide. It will kill the germs in your mouth.

Best Answer

I rinse with pure peroxide. Just swish it around in your mouth for 15 seconds, then spit it out. This heals cuts and sores as well as cleans germs.

Best Answer

This may surprise you, but you don't want to rid your mouth of all germs because some of them are protective. GOOD bacteria in and on our body competes with bad for nutrients. The over-use of anti-bacterial products actually causes worse "germs". So brushing vigorously with a good toothpaste after meals, and swishing the mouth with a mouth wash daily is more than enough. Floss with dental floss occasionally to ensure that any nutrients remaining between the teeth are removed. You can alternately try the baking soda and a little peroxide. The combination makes it "fizzy" and the air bubble action helps push food bits out of their hiding spots.

But don't work too hard to sterilize your mouth; you will regret it.

Best Answer

Floss once a day, and brush twice a day, after breakfast and before bed, with a soft toothbrush and a regular brand of toothpaste. I prefer one with fluoride and I use one that is for sensitive teeth. Just about anything you can get in the pharmacy or grocery store is just fine. You don't need anything else.

Hydrogen Peroxide can be used as a mouthwash. Chewing gum sweetened with Xylitol will have the same effect.

When my father-in-law was diagnosed with leukemia, he became concerned with germs in his mouth for some reason. He started brushing his teeth with straight rubbing alcohol, poured right out of the bottle onto his toothbrush! I wouldn't recommend this to anyone though and my dentist was horrified when I told him. Have to say though, my Father in law just passed away a few weeks ago at the age of 84, and his teeth were still in excellent condition after using the alcohol for 20 years! Yuck! LOL!

Answer

Woman Blowing Her Nose
Preventing the Spread of Germs
Health & Beauty AdviceOctober 8, 2010
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Office Illness
Tips for Avoiding Office Illnesses
iTunes icon on a phone
Getting Rid of Duplicates in iTunes
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 26, 2016 at 1:09:52 AM on 10.0.1.239 in 506 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.