How Do I Get Rid of Germs in My Mouth?

By pintu 1

How can I clean my teeth to get rid of germs?

By Pintu from India

Showing: Answers Sort

By Rose Smith 46 86 Flag

My dentist just told me to brush with baking soda & a few drops of peroxide. It will kill the germs in your mouth.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cherry 7 Flag

I rinse with pure peroxide. Just swish it around in your mouth for 15 seconds, then spit it out. This heals cuts and sores as well as cleans germs.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Nathalie 58 Flag

This may surprise you, but you don't want to rid your mouth of all germs because some of them are protective. GOOD bacteria in and on our body competes with bad for nutrients. The over-use of anti-bacterial products actually causes worse "germs". So brushing vigorously with a good toothpaste after meals, and swishing the mouth with a mouth wash daily is more than enough. Floss with dental floss occasionally to ensure that any nutrients remaining between the teeth are removed. You can alternately try the baking soda and a little peroxide. The combination makes it "fizzy" and the air bubble action helps push food bits out of their hiding spots.

But don't work too hard to sterilize your mouth; you will regret it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

Floss once a day, and brush twice a day, after breakfast and before bed, with a soft toothbrush and a regular brand of toothpaste. I prefer one with fluoride and I use one that is for sensitive teeth. Just about anything you can get in the pharmacy or grocery store is just fine. You don't need anything else.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lizzyanny 9 1,251 Flag

Hydrogen Peroxide can be used as a mouthwash. Chewing gum sweetened with Xylitol will have the same effect.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Judy = Oklahoma 60 750 Flag

When my father-in-law was diagnosed with leukemia, he became concerned with germs in his mouth for some reason. He started brushing his teeth with straight rubbing alcohol, poured right out of the bottle onto his toothbrush! I wouldn't recommend this to anyone though and my dentist was horrified when I told him. Have to say though, my Father in law just passed away a few weeks ago at the age of 84, and his teeth were still in excellent condition after using the alcohol for 20 years! Yuck! LOL!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Woman Blowing Her Nose
Preventing the Spread of Germs
Health & Beauty AdviceOctober 8, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Doctor and Sick Patient
Preparing for Cold and Flu Season
Bed Sheets hanging on a line.
Getting Rid of Sour Smell in Bedding
Office Illness
Tips for Avoiding Office Illnesses
Woman Blowing Her Nose
Preventing the Spread of Germs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 7, 2016 at 8:54:53 PM on 10.0.0.227 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings