Recipes for an All Women Super Bowl Party

I am going to a Super Bowl Party with all women. I am looking for an easy recipe that looks impressive that will appeal to gals. I really can't see us eating brats and beer!

Linda from Vista, CA

Raspberry Brie Melt

1 whole brie (rind kept on)

1 thawed pastry sheet (like Pepperidge Farms)

seedless raspberry jam

walnuts (optional)

Open pastry sheet and spread jam in circle shape upon which you'll rest the whole brie. Then wrap the pastry sheet around the rest of the brie, pinch closed. Place seam-side down on (greased or non-stick) baking sheet. Use egg wash for nice shiny finish. Bake @ 350 for 30 mins. or until pastry is baked & golden brown. If using walnuts, put them on top of jam before placing cheese. Serve with crackers (cut directly into pastry to open up), spread or scoop.

I take mini Rye Bread slices, dry toasted in the oven on a cookie sheet, and spread them with any number of toppings..... is good.

I fry a pkg of mild sausage (RB Rice) and drain it, mix it with a quarter block of melted Velveeta, and some minced onion. Place this on the bread and bake for three min or so on a high heat. Done.

Also some cream cheese with fresh dill and minced garlic. I place a ball of this in the middle of a slice of deli ham, wrap it up, and secure it with a toothpick, then lay it on the toast, I have used an olive slice to garnish.

Another recipe, I CANT FIND, but you may be able to look up on the web, was made with cream cheese, swiss cheese, chipped beef, white wine, onion, and garlic. I think all I did was saute the onion, and garlic in a tad of olive oil, and then throw the rest of the ingredients in a crock pot to melt down. I served this with chunk toasted Italian bread, and bagel chips served in a cloth lined basket. Was very tasty, will keep looking for this one for you.

However don't underestimate the usual suspect foods, it may be why they are coming, and even mashed potatoes look nice if displayed well, and served with a twist!

shrimp dip platter

pkg. cream cheese

2 cans of petite shrimp(by the tuna fish at the grocery store)

cocktail sause

ritz crackers

Spread a layer of cream cheese on a platter, then spread a thin layer of the cocktail sause on top of the cream cheese, then drain the shrimp and sprinkle evenly on top of the sause then press down with fork ,let guests use a small butter knife to spread on crackers, it's delicious.

How about a veggie pizza? This is made with crescent rolls.

I believe the recipe can be found on the Pillsbury web site.

Hey Lisa,

I'm not sure what type of recipe you're looking for, but if y'r looking for a sweet treat, make a simple batch of cookies (recipes are avaliable all over the net), preferably made with a star or heart-shaped cutter. top with pink frosting and use 'writing icing' (avaliable at most supermarkets) to write words such as CUTE or SWEET on each cookie.

If need be, sprinkle with coloured sugar or sprinkes. these can look as cute or as pretty as you make them. You can even personalise them with the names of the party guests. I know its not much, but I hope you found this useful.

Anne :)

This was a hit at my hubbys Christmas party, the caterer gave me the quick and easy recipe I brought it to another party. It was a hit.

Brie cheese with carmel topping and french bread

1. Buy One brie cheese wheel ( about 8 dollars at Sams club)

2. melt 1/4 lb pound butter with 3/4 cup brown sugar.Set aside.

3. Place cheese on oven proof attractive platter, slice with sharp knife in 16 sections ( or more). Put in oven for 10 min on 375. Brie wheel will melt and become soft, take out and pour brown sugar/butter mixture on top, Sprinkle on a few chopped nuts for festive look.

4..Serve warm with thin slices of fresh french bread. ( 2 loaves for under 3.00 at sams club)

Use spreaders for serving the cheese. Beautiful and delicious.

I have a salsa recipe that when I take places I find that it appeals more to the women in the crowd than men. It's really good.

6 or 7 tomatoes chopped

1 can of chopped black olives

1 can of chopped green chilies

1 medium jar of chopped pimento

1 bunch of green onion chopped

1 8oz bottle of Wish-bone Italian Dressing

(Option you can use fat-free Wish-bone Italian Dressing for a super low fat recipe)

Combine all ingredients and enjoy! Serve with Tostito Chips.

I don't know why you'd think a crowd of women wouldn't eat the same foods as a crowd of men. After all, aren't we often the ones who prepare what the men are eating? A person doesn't make food she can't or won't eat. Serve the pizza! Ask someone to bring the brats! Ask someone else to bring the ingredients for nachos. Get someone to bring a few six-packs of regular beer (and one of 'lite' beer, because there's always one; and don't forget the soft drinks as well). And ask the Weight Watcher (there's always at least one) to bring a good, big platter of fruit and veggies with fat-free ranch dip.

Most women I know, like a good soup. This one's easy:

Baked Potato Soup

From "True Grits...Tall Tales and Recipes from the New South," published in cooperation with your Daily Inbox newsletter.

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup chopped celery

1 tablespoon butter or margarine

4 cups half-and-half

1-1/2 teaspoons salt

1-1/2 teaspoons pepper

2 tablespoons butter or margarine

3 tablespoons flour

2 large potatoes, baked, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes

Optional:

1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

1/2 cup bacon bits

1/2 cup sour cream

Chopped fresh chives to taste

TO PREPARE:

* Sauté the onion and celery in 1 tablespoon butter or margarine in a sauté pan until tender.

* Combine the onion mixture, half-and-half, salt and pepper in a large saucepan; mix well. Heat to the boiling point, stirring occasionally.

* Heat 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in a saucepan until melted. Whisk in the flour. Cook for 3 minutes or until of roux consistency, whisking constantly. Whisk into the half-and-half mixture. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add the potatoes; mix well. Cook just until the potatoes are heated through, stirring frequently.

* Ladle into soup bowls. You may top each serving with Cheddar cheese, bacon bits, sour cream or chives, if you wish.

SERVES: 8

Hi Linda

There is a site called Womansday.com that gives you some delicious easy to prepare recipes for superbowl. It was too much to even list them here. Here is a direct link, if you like:

http://www.woma … /view/full/16959

I'm sure you will find one that you will like. Cleona.

Why not have your own salad bar? Have a large bowl of mixed greens, and a variety of toppings/additions on the side. Have a few different salad dressings too. Serve with a variety of crackers on the side.

How about Fruit Pizza. It's one of my friends favorites when get together for ladies breakfast. Use regular refrigerated pizza dough, then top with yogurt, add your favorite fruits, nuts and coconut and serve - its easy and looks great.

If you don't already have decorations and games to keep the party exciting even if the game isnt try this website.

http://www.fun- … party-ideas.html

I second the soup idea, it isn't fussy and you could even make a couple of kinds. I love chili and it is sort of traditional for the super bowl.

Tell us what you decided on and how it went after the party :)

My Bible study group loved this and everyone can contribute an ingredient so it keeps the costs down for the hostess. Have the hostess prepare the rice and beverages.

Javanese Chicken (I have no idea where the name originated)

12 servings

4 cups of uncooked rice (prepared according to package instructions)

6 chicken breasts, poached then cooled and chopped

From poaching liquid prepare chicken gravy adding packages of gravy mix to water along with 2 tablespoons of sugar. (I like to add a little curry powder also)

Toppings:

Crushed pineapple, chopped green onions, slivered almonds, chopped tomatoes, chopped celery, toasted coconut, shredded Cheddar cheese, dried fruit (raisins and cranberries), crumbled cooked bacon and anything else you think might taste good.

Have the rice, chicken and gravy warm. Start with a serving of rice topped with the chicken then pile on the condiments and finish with the gravy. This is very good and each guest can customize her own plate.

Serve with croissants and some brownies for dessert.